JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Zone offroad lift kits? The BB and 3" lifts are priced lower than most. Is it because its an cheaper made or not well known?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the 3" Zone lift no complains other then the shocks. It wouldn't stop me from getting another kit from them. They are made by BDS but sold under zone.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My only experience has been doing installs on freinds jeeps. Both of them had the kit changed out within the year due to sagging coils and the ride wasn't he best in their opinion. I do know their 4" kit sat lower than my OME HD.

Personally looking at the price and the little I know of them, there are better kits out there for near the same price.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The best ways to look for a lift is:

1. What is your budget?
2. What do you do with your Jeep (Daily Driver, Trail Rig, Mixture)?
3. What size tires do you want to run?

Answering the above questions would make it easier for all of us to answer your lift questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got It

Your right about you get what you pay for. TF gets alot of praise, what about rough Country?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Your right about you get what you pay for. TF gets alot of praise, what about rough Country?
Rough Country is also a budget company although I like there stuff and there cust. service is outstanding but I'm not a fan of there shocks so if you go that route buy your shocks else where; Teraflex is great but it will cost more so are Currie, RK, Poly and Rubicon Ex. I also like Rancho they offer a buget lift that is really nice and I have not heard anything bad about them yet except cust. srvc. but that has not been my experience with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would save a little bit more money and get another kit. I installed my Zone 3 inch lift about 15k ago. I also got their sway bar QD's, and their front adjustable track bar. Well, the springs have sagged about an inch. The shocks are junk and way to soft for a lifted JK with bumpers and other protection. The front QD's have fallen apart a few times (I have them welded in place now, I will replace them when I install the new axle) ,...and the best part. Their front track bar stripped itself out and fell apart on the expressway when I was going abour 70mph and through me into a un-recoverable "death wobble" and I had to pull over and drive like 30mph home.

So, In my opinion, go with another company. I wanted to give their kit a shot, because I'm from Michigan and thats where they're made, just trying to support some of the local guys. Dave from Zone did write me back the other day, and offered to look at the parts, and maybe replace them. After the experience I had though, I choose to upgrade to better quality parts.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I would save a little bit more money and get another kit. I installed my Zone 3 inch lift about 15k ago. I also got their sway bar QD's, and their front adjustable track bar. Well, the springs have sagged about an inch. The shocks are junk and way to soft for a lifted JK with bumpers and other protection. The front QD's have fallen apart a few times (I have them welded in place now, I will replace them when I install the new axle) ,...and the best part. Their front track bar stripped itself out and fell apart on the expressway when I was going abour 70mph and through me into a un-recoverable "death wobble" and I had to pull over and drive like 30mph home.

So, In my opinion, go with another company. I wanted to give their kit a shot, because I'm from Michigan and thats where they're made, just trying to support some of the local guys. Dave from Zone did write me back the other day, and offered to look at the parts, and maybe replace them. After the experience I had though, I choose to upgrade to better quality parts.
Wholey crap that sucks. You are lucky you did'nt take someone out! So he said he would just replace the parts? Well I guess thats better than a big FU but if you already have another lift it doesnt help you much. I'm glad your ok though. That sounds like it could of been real bad...

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah, It was a little freaky. I had my sister and her boy friend with me and they freaked out quite a bit. haha

But, he didn't offer to replace them yet, he said he would 'look' at them and decided. So, we'll see. I may try to get a few buck back from him if possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had their 2" budget boost. I am now running a RK 3.5" lift. I am still running Zone shocks though. I did change the shocks out to Rubicon Express shocks and found the Zone shocks to ride better so I put them back in...I will probably give the RE shocks another shot since I already spent the dough on them.

As for the michdave's issue with the trackbar threads pulling...that could be either a material issue with the trackbar/joint or it could be that the jam nut was not properly tightened. Even RK states in thier information that the jam nut must be tight or the threads can pull out of their arms/trackbars and may not be covered under their lifetime warranty.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts