JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to hijack another thread, I'm putting this one up.

What YouTube channels do you follow to see good trail action?

What YT channels do you not follow to not see poor trail action.

Why (on both accounts)?

Not sure there are channels that focus solely on trail riding, at least the YT algorithm does not think I'd be interested... Most I follow focus more on building rigs, promoting new stuff,or hauling other peoples vehicles out of predicaments, and show some wheeling on the side.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
I'm going to mention one of our very own, @Jeep Momma
She has years of videos chronicling her journey from complete n00b to now.
She has a mix of all sorts of subjects, some mild, some wild. She also has some great videos of her runnning the Rubicon. And you know what? She does it all while keeping her damn clothes on, which seems to be difficult for a lot of Youtube-fundies.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm going to mention one of our very own, @Jeep Momma
She has years of videos chronicling her journey from complete n00b to now.
She has a mix of all sorts of subjects, some mild, some wild. She also has some great videos of her runnning the Rubicon. And you know what? She does it all while keeping her damn clothes on, which seems to be difficult for a lot of Youtube-fundies.
When I first started I had no idea what I was doing on the trail or on YouTube. I took several off-road classes and have had training by several i4WDTA trained folks. I firmly believe in being a good steward of the land. My YouTube channel has turned into a teaching moment sharing what I have learned to help set good examples. By no means do I know everything, I just enjoying sharing what I learned. Some people think I am silly explaing how to use the sway bar disconnect button, but you would be surprised who doesn't know how.

Only my Jeep gets topless and naked. :) its hard enough to gain respect in a man's world I don't think bikinis are needed for off road or Jeep videos if you want respect. All that does is disparage yourself and gives Jeep Girl the wrong image. Most all Jeep Girls I know are hard core Jeepers who also get in there to do their own wrenching as well as set good examples on the trails.

As a YouTuber you need to set a good example. Tearing up the trails and purposely trying to damage your equipment just to get views is distgusting and puts our hobby at risk.
Trails are getting shut dow in Colorado and Arizona because of trail damage and irresponsible wheeling off the trails. The more we encourage these type of YouTubers the more others see what they do is okay the more we hurt our own hobby.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fully agree on the "respect the trail" part, not sure though is Lite Brite would fall into the category of "tearing up the trails and trying to damage y our equipment" though? The survival of their business, E3 Offroad relies on the trails, so if they act stupid, it's like pissing in your own cereal. One's dressing habits really should not be an issue, either way. Frankly I hate to see people getting slandered for their apparel of choice, as long as they have clothes on. Even barely. Guess I'm too old to get exited about stuff like that.

Anyway, they are not my favorite channel, and the reason for setting up this thread was to find some channels that would fill in the void of offroad action. I mean Matt's Offroad Recovery, Fab Rats and Trail Mater do offer their share of that, but their main focus is elsewhere. Bleepin Jeep is a good channel, but for some reason it gets on my nerves :). I followed Trail Recon for a while, but it seemed repetetive.

The problem with YouTube seems to be sorta the same as with Netflix: You end up spending more time searching for new content rather than enjoying it. So you stop looking and just stick to what the algorithm thinks you should watch... Or am I being picky?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Fully agree on the "respect the trail" part, not sure though is Lite Brite would fall into the category of "tearing up the trails and trying to damage y our equipment" though? The survival of their business, E3 Offroad relies on the trails, so if they act stupid, it's like pissing in your own cereal. One's dressing habits really should not be an issue, either way. Frankly I hate to see people getting slandered for their apparel of choice, as long as they have clothes on. Even barely. Guess I'm too old to get exited about stuff like that.

Anyway, they are not my favorite channel, and the reason for setting up this thread was to find some channels that would fill in the void of offroad action. I mean Matt's Offroad Recovery, Fab Rats and Trail Mater do offer their share of that, but their main focus is elsewhere. Bleepin Jeep is a good channel, but for some reason it gets on my nerves :). I followed Trail Recon for a while, but it seemed repetetive.

The problem with YouTube seems to be sorta the same as with Netflix: You end up spending more time searching for new content rather than enjoying it. So you stop looking and just stick to what the algorithm thinks you should watch... Or am I being picky?
You are not searching right then. I have several friends who have channels. Just regular Jeep guys not trying to clickbait you with "trail carnage" or "boobs".

You also need to search up the word slander. Slander is spreading lies about someone. MY OPINION is wearing bikinis and provocative clothing and stupid poses on your Jeep in videos and thumbnails is a way to get views and is disparaging and gives the Jeep Girl name a bad name. Now... these so called Jeep Girls, there are a few out there, have Onlyfan sites. Getting paid to get undressed is called Stripping, IMO.

And excessive wheel spin and full on throttle trying to get up an obstacle where your Jeep is throwing out rocks and you almost hit a bystander and you post that crap on YouTube, that right there is irresponsible wheeling and defying the tread lightly principals. You do know about treadlightly.org I hope.

JeepingMo & SWBCrawler & JeepZentoks & The Road Chose Me & O3D Jeeps are stand up guys I know personally. There are probably 10 more channels I could name but sorry no bikinis.
Oh... There is also The Jeep Talk Show. With almost 600 episodes of all things Jeep.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You are not searching right then. I have several friends who have channels. Just regular Jeep guys not trying to clickbait you with "trail carnage" or "boobs".

You also need to search up the word slander. Slander is spreading lies about someone. MY OPINION is wearing bikinis and provocative clothing and stupid poses on your Jeep in videos and thumbnails is a way to get views and is disparaging and gives the Jeep Girl name a bad name. Now... these so called Jeep Girls, there are a few out there, have Onlyfan sites. Getting paid to get undressed is called Stripping, IMO.

And excessive wheel spin and full on throttle trying to get up an obstacle where your Jeep is throwing out rocks and you almost hit a bystander and you post that crap on YouTube, that right there is irresponsible wheeling and defying the tread lightly principals. You do know about treadlightly.org I hope.

JeepingMo & SWBCrawler & JeepZentoks & The Road Chose Me & O3D Jeeps are stand up guys I know personally. There are probably 10 more channels I could name but sorry no bikinis.
Oh... There is also The Jeep Talk Show. With almost 600 episodes of all things Jeep.
I've never seen a group of dames on the trail wearing bikinis 👙 or less... but I 100% approve of the concept. Except also wear hiking boots and gloves.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've never seen a group of dames on the trail wearing bikinis 👙 or less... but I 100% approve of the concept. Except also wear hiking boots and gloves.
Neither have I but then again I tend to pick to wheel with "real" Jeep girls 😜. I just see a few youtubers who do. It is not actual proper trail attire, IMO.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

One more thing... Wearing a bikini driving your Jeep can be dangerous for those of us with a not so average size. Most bikinis give no support and bouncing around in those booby bouncers with no support is very uncomfortable. There is also a chance you could put your own eye out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You also need to search up the word slander. Slander is spreading lies about someone.
Oh, you're right, not the best choice of a word, english being my third language I'll forgive myself for that 😂

Defame maybe 🤔

Edit: no, not that either, still too strong of a word... Well, something that means talking one down without just cause.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oh, you're right, not the best choice of a word, english being my third language I'll forgive myself for that 😂

Defame maybe 🤔

Edit: no, not that either, still too strong of a word... Well, something that means talking one down without just cause.
Well... As a woman who off roads and has a YouTube channel and works hard to maintain my integrity, I have strong opinions about others who I feel give off-roaders and Jeep Girls a bad name.

And I was not talking down. I was pointing out how I believe wearing a bikini as a Jeep Girl to get views or likes is disparaging to the name Jeep Girl.
I don't need just cause to state my opinion how I feel about women who wear bikinis to get likes for you tube videos. Or to state my opinion about YouTubers who break their equipment and wheel irresponsibly and tear up the trails.
Nothing I stated was a lie nor talking down. It was all my opinion.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Well... As a woman who off roads and has a YouTube channel and works hard to maintain my integrity, I have strong opinions about others who I feel give off-roaders and Jeep Girls a bad name.

And I was not talking down. I was pointing out how I believe wearing a bikini as a Jeep Girl to get views or likes is disparaging to the name Jeep Girl.
I don't need just cause to state my opinion how I feel about women who wear bikinis to get likes for you tube videos. Or to state my opinion about YouTubers who break their equipment and wheel irresponsibly and tear up the trails.
Nothing I stated was a lie nor talking down. It was all my opinion.
Everyone talks down to white elephant. Not because we want to, but because we have to.
It took me a while to value your opinion because I used to think all the micro ads for your blogs were just some newbie using JKO for self promotion. You're genuine though, and always looking to improve things.
Now when someone talks stupid about you. I find it offensive because of the positivity you brung.
Don't worry about him, he doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Everyone talks down to white elephant. Not because we want to, but because we have to.
It took me a while to value your opinion because I used to think all the micro ads for your blogs were just some newbie using JKO for self promotion. You're genuine though, and always looking to improve things.
Now when someone talks stupid about you. I find it offensive because of the positivity you brung.
Don't worry about him, he doesn't matter.
When I bought my Jeep I didn't realize about the whole Jeep life and off road life. I went all in from all angles trying to learn as much as I could. My blog was just like a journal of my journey. I never went into it to get products. It just naturally happened. A lot of the companies sought me out because of my noobness and authenticity. I fell "in love" with JKO and went all in there too. I am glad to be back. Thanks!!!! @coilrod

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Huge thanks for this! Finally something Jeepy to listen on long drives, I'm getting a little bored of Harris, Peterson, Krauss and the rest of the big podcast guys...
And a bonus!!! We will be having monthly product giveaways. Nexen Tires, Midland, JKS Manufacturing, Rock Auti plus tons more I can't reveal yet. These are not just hats and tees but actual legit products.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I watch almost all of the Jeep You Tuber videos and enjoy them all (to include Jeep Momma). That said, I have been watching Lite Brite vids as well and haven't seen any evidence of non-responsible behavior and or tearing up trails. I would consider leaving trash on the trail and or "blazing" a new trail bad etiquette among other things, but I haven't seen any of that from them. They are hard core wheelers, so of course they are going to break things from time to time. Additionally, on tough obstacles you sometimes have to bump it or even hit it hard to overcome it. You can't always just "walk" up every obstacle. The girl is a competent spotter, and her husband is a pretty good driver. They finished King of the Hammers in an Ultra 4 car, which is no small feat.

As for the bikini stuff, yeah, it might be a little over the top, but in all fairness, I have only seen her wearing a bikini in Jeep Beach videos etc. Just looking at this subject objectively.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
We just gave away a Midland Radio. You might want to check out the next show!!! You could win some cool product! All the products we are giving away are over $100. Not just tee shirts or hats.

An no I am not wearing a mini skirt on the trails to get you to watch either. :thefinger:

IWe keep growing the list of companies joining in.
Organism Font Rectangle Electric blue Symmetry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts