JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a good portion of the year my '17 Unlimited will be in Arizona. I did a search and read through the 2 pages on this discussion and I was hoping to get your help.

WHAT IS A GOOD sunshade that you could recommend. I am not really interested in making one. I'm thinking middle to high end in quality and price.

After doing a search on the web there are dozens and dozens, all similar but nay be better than others. I am wondering if it is better to have a top with a bunch of bungee cords or would the 1" web strap and clip type be better? I assume that a tighter top would be better?

Your likes and dislikes would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
spidewebshade

Great product. Great people.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Spider web shade for the win. Have had one on for about 5 years now here in Tucson.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the SpiderwebShade as well and while it's a great product, my head touches it when I am not slouching. I will be pulling it off the next time I have the hard top off and will just wear a hat to protect my balding head. I am 6'1".

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I have the SpiderwebShade as well and while it's a great product, my head touches it when I am not slouching. I will be pulling it off the next time I have the hard top off and will just wear a hat to protect my balding head. I am 6'1".
Fake news. Your shade must not be installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Spiderweb shade here. Bought it last summer. One of the best "mods" I have done to date. The wife and kids like it too. Well made, easy to install.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Another vote here for Spiderweb Shade. Not much flapping in the wind, good protection without covering up the entire top. I told a couple other co-workers about it as well, they are happy with theirs.

I've had mine for 5 years now. The old stuff they had before the trailmesh and it works like the day I got it. Big thing when you do buy it, count your spiderballs. I didn't receive the 3 short ones and a long one. Didn't realize it until I took the top off for spring.

·
22,098 Posts
I am 6' 3" and my head does not touch the spider web shade. Do you have it installed on top of the sound bar or underneath?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fake news. Your shade must not be installed correctly.
I am 6' 3" and my head does not touch the spider web shade. Do you have it installed on top of the sound bar or underneath?
It's installed correctly above the sound bar - I'm not that dense. For my 6'3" brother the seat gets tilted farther back for this same reason. Maybe I keep my seat more vertical than you - don't know, and don't care. I still like and recommend the product, but that's my experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another vote for the Spiderwebshade. I leave mine on year round even with my hardtop and it works like a charm. No head clearance issues and it keeps the wind noise down to comfortable levels with the doors on, making it tolerable for long drives (I drove 8 hours to the Rubicon with only doors and the shade).

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sorry to be a little off topic, but would any of you happen to know where a person could find colored sunshade material: particularly red. I've had 3 orders so far from diff. Places and none of them are it... They were all a burlap-like material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
22,098 Posts

·
22,098 Posts
That's the same kind of material I bought thinking was right...
I'm talking for the jeep...looking to do something kind of custom..
I know spider web shade did some with a blue line on them. Call them and ask them all they can do is say no.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a JKU and run an ebay shade over the front seats. Spideshade makes one similar. I keep it on year round, even under my hard top.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have a full length shade that I use to run. I stopped using it because it clamps into the from latches and is a pain to remove if I need to put the soft top up because of rain. I only put it on if I'm expecting passengers and no rains for days.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts