JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I was driving out to the range to get the dope on some new hand loads and I got an email. The subject... Your new vehicle is scheduled for production. Now it's been a couple weeks since I placed my order at the dealership and I was getting a little antsy, having heard nothing as of yet, so needless to say, I was pretty stoked. :bounce:
No real purpose of this post other then to share my excitement with fellow fanatics. And perhaps to shout out to anyone in the Daytona Beach area. Definitely be looking for people to get dirty with.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Congrats man! I've never special ordered one but I'm sure its exciting and hard to wait!

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Congrats, man! Waiting has to be a bitch but worth it in the end! :gluging:

·
Registered
103 Posts
So while I was driving out to the range to get the dope on some new hand loads and I got an email. The subject... Your new vehicle is scheduled for production. Now it's been a couple weeks since I placed my order at the dealership and I was getting a little antsy, having heard nothing as of yet, so needless to say, I was pretty stoked. :bounce:
No real purpose of this post other then to share my excitement with fellow fanatics. And perhaps to shout out to anyone in the Daytona Beach area. Definitely be looking for people to get dirty with.
Good for you. Just remember - scheduled for production - means the parts have been collected only.
It might be several weeks more before it actually gets on the line. Once that happens, things move fast. 40 hours to build and out the door.

Then everything is in the hands of the train or truck service.

Have fun!
Be patient!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I drove a 2012 JKU Rubi today and have to say I really liked the motor and was surprised at how much of an upgrade it really was. Mine felt like a dog driving home. You get into that "trade in mode" but the time and money lost, I would be better off upgrading to the ls or hemi whihc is in the near futrue. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good for you. Just remember - scheduled for production - means the parts have been collected only.
It might be several weeks more before it actually gets on the line. Once that happens, things move fast. 40 hours to build and out the door.

Then everything is in the hands of the train or truck service.

Have fun!
Be patient!
Yep, I had about 11 days in between my "confirmed order" email and my "scheduled for production" email. I'm hoping things move quickly now...its been 6 weeks since I placed my order! :bounce:

Congrats on your order and these emails definitely do help :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The anticipation for your special order adds to your final appreciation for your ride. Once it is scheduled the build is usually very quick. They really know how to build JEEPs in Toledo. Kudos to all the staff.
Oh ya - don't forget to ask your sales rep to save you your window sticker when it comes in. As well as listing all the vehicles specifics it also states it was built for YOU - with your own name on it. A nice souvenir you don't get buying a ready built from dealers stock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My order has said that for 4 weeks now. :(

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
lucky you
I had to wait 14 weeks to get mine
but that was last year :D
I may have you beat by a few. Ordered Easter weekend 2007 and didn't get into production before the year model changeover. Factory cancelled and dealer had to reorder as an '08 and it arrived August 8, 2007. They called to let me know it was there but I had to wait til the next day so they could do the dealer prep. I think that 24 hours was longer than the whole rest of the wait. :cwm13:

The anticipation for your special order adds to your final appreciation for your ride. Once it is scheduled the build is usually very quick. They really know how to build JEEPs in Toledo. Kudos to all the staff.
Oh ya - don't forget to ask your sales rep to save you your window sticker when it comes in. As well as listing all the vehicles specifics it also states it was built for YOU - with your own name on it. A nice souvenir you don't get buying a ready built from dealers stock.
Yeah mine was laying in the seat, never stuck to the window since it's not for sale. Yours should come the same way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts