JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your Favorite Storage Solutions for your JKU or JK?

I have gone through a lot of storage "gadgets" for my Jeep. After eight years I have three favorites.

Number one - Another Jeeper had one in his Jeep, and I just had to have it. I call it my attic. It's the overhead Molle platform from Molle Platform Solutions. Even when my soft top is in the Sunrider position stuff stays in it. Zero installation. The shelf just hangs from the roll bar.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Gesture Elbow Tints and shades Wrist

Second, the MorRyde Ammo Can carrier with Molle Panel. I have two. This uses the awkward space in the back over the tires. I use canvas tool bags now instead of ammo cans since the ammo cans are noisy. I sometimes take the Molle bags off and bungee oil or coolant in that spot
Product Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design

Third, the Justice Off Road Molle Tailgate Panel with Molle bags. I do sometimes think maybe I should have the tailgate fold down table. It would be perfect for camping or even those trail lunch stops!

Motor vehicle Trigger Gun barrel Machine Auto part

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far my favorite storage solution for my 4dr is "shove crap under the back seat"
That spot is actually the best spot to store stuff.

Under the front drivers and under the back seat is where all my recovery gear and Hi-Lift jack is! It's a quick and easy place to get to when you are in a recovery situation. Or if you are stuck in the mud or water you don't have to get all the way to the back.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Prefer to make my own, but for "store bought" I like the pockets on the front and back of my Trek-Armor (Bartact) seat covers.

I've posted a pic of it before, but this is the last version of my "tool box". It's pulled out currently and I'm building a full cargo area organizer. The rack rails I had laying around will be replaced with a 1" steel framed box with pull out drawers. The tool section will be about the same with all sizes labeled and in a row. 3/8, 1/2 and wrenches. Need to add a few 1-ton specific items to the new one.

Kitchen appliance Gas stove Home appliance Kitchen stove Outdoor grill rack & topper

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Prefer to make my own, but for "store bought" I like the pockets on the front and back of my Trek-Armor (Bartact) seat covers.

I've posted a pic of it before, but this is the last version of my "tool box". It's pulled out currently and I'm building a full cargo area organizer. The rack rails I had laying around will be replaced with a 1" steel framed box with pull out drawers. The tool section will be about the same with all sizes labeled and in a row. 3/8, 1/2 and wrenches. Need to add a few 1-ton specific items to the new one.
I want the Bartact seat covers. I am sure you know what color I want. LOL!!!

Those pull-out drawers would be cool to have. Combine the drawers with @coilrod 's aluminum / plywood storage box in the back for tools and camping gear. Then shove all the recovery crap under the back seats like @snout then my attic and we have ourselves the JKU storage King!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like the Gamma bags. The hold quite a bit of my recovery gear and are up out of the way. You don't lose much rear vision, or rear deck space, because of where they are located. Also, most people who peek thru the windows don't see them as they look down to see what is in the Jeep.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I love this idea!

I wanted something like this in 2019 but I don't have those skills so I just had a piece of pluma ply with 2x4 stands.
The only issue I had was that I discovered that to remove the console, I needed an inch more to easily tilt it out. The box could have used an offset.
Plus the front seats obviously didn't recline as much as some people's.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the Gamma bags. The hold quite a bit of my recovery gear and are up out of the way. You don't lose much rear vision, or rear deck space, because of where they are located. Also, most people who peek thru the windows don't see them as they look down to see what is in the Jeep.
I never thought of the theft deterrent!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only issue I had was that I discovered that to remove the console, I needed an inch more to easily tilt it out. The box could have used an offset.
Plus the front seats obviously didn't recline as much as some people's.
I scratched up my console a lot pulling my platform up to get to the items (recovery gear) underneath it. I also pulled out the little light too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Added a shelf in the back. Made from aluminum hitch mounted cargo tray modified to clear my CO2 bottle and the roll bar.
It is easily removed and doubles as a camp table (when I remember to put the legs in the Jeep). 3 Action Packer boxes below and sleeping bag, chair and other items are tied down on top.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Added a shelf in the back. Made from aluminum hitch mounted cargo tray modified to clear my CO2 bottle and the roll bar.
It is easily removed and doubles as a camp table (when I remember to put the legs in the Jeep). 3 Action Packer boxes below and sleeping bag, chair and other items are tied down on top. View attachment 367294
View attachment 367295
Another sweet idea!!! I love the tailgate table.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts