JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm basically done building my baby after 5 years and decided to take her in for a weight check at the certified scale at my Pilot Truck Stop. Result with full tank, 40 lb dog, and no driver/passengers, 5080 lbs, which I think is over my JK's GVW a bit. That's not the issue especially, but was wondering if you'd post your weight and whether JK or JKU, just as a matter of Forum interest. I always meant to stay light with low CG. Got low CG but feel a bit obese.

PS......this was with full recovery equipment and hard top.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I'll play ... before the current round of mods, my JK weighed 5910 lbs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
857 Posts
ive never weighed my JKU, but im 100% sure its lighter than before

no back seats, softdoors, soft top, no rear bumper, chopped factory bumper

think my factory curb weight was around 4500, im estimating my current weight at around 4000. definitely makes a big difference when wheeling, especially on climbs

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Mines 5200 4dr front bumper warm power plant, custom rear tire carrier that I welded to an ace engineering bumper. Hard top and gobi 45 rack.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
anyone that’s listened to any of my mass ramblings on here over the years knows I love to soapbox about the importance of weight unless ya have an LS, HEMI or SC or turbo Cummins upgrade. I also like to boast a little at my 4 door ‘11 being heavily armored + skidded , on 37s and with a full-size spare along with a hi lift, basically a mini garage of tools, all fluids and it’s recovery gear including winch (i.e.- “ loaded for bear) coming off a new set of CAT scales a few years ago at just under 4800lbs. I have the printout somewhere and it was 4798, iirc ? That took some trimming , carpet removing and choice aluminum stuff to achieve. Only way to deal w/ the 3.8l ,regardless of gearing , to be sure.

(edit: it weighs 4789lbs w full trail readiness and spare-j)

:jeep2:

I'd be interested to hear of the heaviest ...

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I'd be interested to hear of the heaviest ...
Definitely gonna put the Turd back on the scale once it rolls outta TNT. Real curious if the latest round makes 'er heavier or lighter.

Cage sure nuf adds weight. Assumin' metal dash is heavier than all the plastic shit. But new electrical system way lighter than all the fact'ry shit Bob pulled out.

6000 would be a nice round number.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Last time I checked mine it was nudging 6,000 lbs with hardtop on, trail gear and a full tank. If I pulled the top and put on one of my soft tops I might save 100 lbs. I got a big weight gain when I went long arm. I also have a steel full Synergy skid system with PSC crossmember, RH4x4 cage and Nemesis flares & rocker skids. The latter are aluminum, but still add weight. I'm at a tipping point where a weight loss program may be in order.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: ALASHA

·
Registered
94 Posts
Currently 6200lbs :surprise:

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm I'm wanting to get my JK in the scales. I know I need to work on making some lighter bumpers. But will be interesting to see where I am now then again after skids and then after lighter bumpers.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Definitely gonna put the Turd back on the scale once it rolls outta TNT. Real curious if the latest round makes 'er heavier or lighter.

Cage sure nuf adds weight. Assumin' metal dash is heavier than all the plastic shit. But new electrical system way lighter than all the fact'ry shit Bob pulled out.

6000 would be a nice round number.
yep; I am talkin initial talk with reputable fab shop about cage work and am scared of what it may weigh to have one added. I bet the cages that are actually capable of saving your butt are a huge chunk of weight. :jeep2:

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I bet the cages that are actually capable of saving your butt are a huge chunk of weight. :jeep2:
Mine's comin' out pretty soon for powdercoatin' ... I'll see if TNT can get a weight on it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
5600 lbs JKU.

That's with an aftermarket sport cage, beefier d44 axles, skids, front bumper, rear cargo enclosure, all 8 control arms, and me.

Glad I went with plastic fenders, stock rear bumper, and wish I'd gone with the artec 6061 aluminum skids.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts