JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, you should get rid of it and buy a little Honda commuter car..

You may as well if you are not doing anything to save our trails.....

EVERY National Forest and every piece of BLM land in the USA must now undergo an Eviromental Impact Study (EIS) What this will do is close THOUSANDS of miles of dirt forest roads and 4X4 trails in each forest.

When they develop the Draft Impact study for the forest near you, the public has 45 days to respond in writing to ASK for trails to remain on the map. If you do not......THOSE TRAILS ARE LOST FOREVER!

keep in mind, this is not just 4x4 trails, but normal dirt forest roads that an RV could go down. This will hurt EVERYONE, not just the 4x4 crowd...Hunters, campers, fisherman, hikers, ATV and dirt bike guys...just about anyone who want to use a motor vehicle to go down a dirt road...

Eldorado National Forest, home to the Rubicon Trail, and many other 4x4 trails is THE FIRST NATIONAL FOREST to undergo this project (Route Designation). The harder we fight in ELDO, the less possiblity for closures elsewhere. WE NEED TO SET A PRECEDENT! In ELDO, people have until Oct. 22nd to respond in writing.

INDIVIUAL REPONSES ARE NEEDED! Do not rely on organizations such as Blue Ribbon to do all the work. They need everyone's help. The way this is set up YOU have just as much say as any one organization.

IF YOU OWN A 4 WHEEL DRIVE AND DO NOTHING.....SHAME ON YOU! :pissed::pissed:

For more info visit: www.pirate4x4.com/landuse

OR go to www.friendsofeldorado.com

There you will learn how to respond to an EIS and you can sigh up for FOE.

ACT NOW!

·
Registered
12 Posts
WTF! i clicked on both links and got the main page. Can you be more specific to newbies on how to help the cause????

Sorry if this sound lame, but I'm trying to be part of the solution.

-- Remi

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sent you to the main page of what???

They work for me! :D

Type the addy in your address bar.

On the friends of Eldorado site under "how to comment" it gives you a quick run-down.

On the pirate land-use forum there is A LOT of info.

You best bet is to read the Route Dez FAQ and look at the sample comments in the comment thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts