JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody here is running these tires in the 38 or 40 size variety. I'm thinking the 38s might be the ticket for me, the price is definitely right compared to all the other brands. how long are they lasting you guys? I'm REAAAAALLLYYY tempted to go with the 4D's, but I'd have to get me that RK 3.5 X factor mid arm suspension as well as regearing to 5.13s which is already on the short list. the 38s are 331 and the 40s are 339 or something on discounttiredirect. this is what's really getting me thinking, for 8 dollars more a tire........The front axle is getting sleeved and gusseted regardless when it gets regeared this fall.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has anybody run these tires yet? There's gotta be people out there running the 38s/40s.. I'm pretty much sold on the pitbull rocker radials but dang the price for these tires is nice... I'm mainly curious if they're true to size, how they perform, etc.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I like the look and price of this tire. I hope that someone is running them. I'd also like to know what a 38" mesures out to.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its insane how little feedback there is out there about these tires.. i found an article about a mag doing a mud test, and the geolanders scored last. But this was deep gooey thick mud, and they did mention that the tires did extremely well on a muddy/slick hill climb in 2wd, up there with the swampers. I HATE mud, but the muddy/slick hill climb ratings is encouraging. Is Constantine still around?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I like the look and price of this tire. I hope that someone is running them. I'd also like to know what a 38" mesures out to.
heres some info from a company that sells them:

37X12.5R17 50 psi 17/32" 75 lbs.8.5-11" 13" 36.7"

38X13.5R17 35 psi 21/32" 80 lbs 8.5-11" 11" 13" 37.7"

40X13.5R17 35 psi 21/32" 87 lbs 8.5-11" 11" 13.4" 39.7"

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yokohama
geolandar mt+
40x13.50r17
38 7/8" mounted on truck at 25psi
13 1/8" wide
17x8.5" wheel

I found that off colorado K5. Seems like alot of people gripe about tread life, but with the old tires. apparently the tires are a new tread compound that are supposed to last longer. they were saying 20-25k miles on the old tires. Main gripe is the sidewalls, there's people talking about pine roots cuttin the sidewalls with ease. dont know if this is with the old tires. Dunno if Yoko redid the sidewalls as well. Might still be worth it if i get them from discount with the tire warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know it's not the size you're asking about, but I'm running the 35's and I won't go back to them when the time comes. They wear funky and are a directional tire, which may or may not play a factor in the tread life. They were priced right at the time though.

I do have the Hankook MT's on my Chevy that I've been pleased with. Price was good too...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I can't find the same price that you did on these. Got a link? Also anyone that has them how do they do in the snow? I have been less that pleased with the Toyo M/Ts in the white stuff.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
what about vs the goodyear mtr's?

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Does anyone know if the Yoko tire is made from silica modified rubber (like MT/R with Kevlar) or standard grades of rubber (like Mickey Thompson MTZ's). The silica added to the rubber is what makes the tread so much more pliable, but still keeps the wear restitance pretty high..

RK

·
Registered
820 Posts
Just wondering if anybody here is running these tires in the 38 or 40 size variety. I'm thinking the 38s might be the ticket for me, the price is definitely right compared to all the other brands. how long are they lasting you guys? I'm REAAAAALLLYYY tempted to go with the 4D's, but I'd have to get me that RK 3.5 X factor mid arm suspension as well as regearing to 5.13s which is already on the short list. the 38s are 331 and the 40s are 339 or something on discounttiredirect. this is what's really getting me thinking, for 8 dollars more a tire........The front axle is getting sleeved and gusseted regardless when it gets regeared this fall.
I've got 37's and I'm on my second set. There quiet and do the job. I highly recommend them!!!!!!!!!!:beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts