JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
Fuck Golf.
You have that much free time go volunteer somewhere in your community. Maybe he'll be stabbing garbage instead of people with his broken golf club doing community service.
Were they all wearing golf type clothes? I just pictured The Three Stooge's golf outfits when the brouhaha broke out lol.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuck Golf.
You have that much free time go volunteer somewhere in your community. Maybe he'll be stabbing garbage instead of people with his broken golf club doing community service.
Were they all wearing golf type clothes? I just pictured The Three Stooge's golf outfits when the brouhaha broke out lol.
Fuck me, I like golf.

Sure, I'm terrible at it and I'm rarely anywhere near competent, but I enjoy getting out and spending about 4 hours with a few pals, shooting the shit, knocking back some brews and having a nice long-smoking cigar :smokin:

That said, for FUCK'S sake, people. Learn SOME of the etiquette for this game BEFORE you go play. There's rules, some written and some unwritten. Learn all of em. They're there for a reason. Golf is supposed more relaxing when everyone is on the same page. If you look behind you all day long and the same group is sitting there waiting for you to hack the ball another 10 feet, wave em on at the next par 3 - ESPECIALLY if there's no one in front of you. This is called common courtesy. It is no longer nearly as common as it once was.

Just like wheelin, this is how people get their chillax on during their time off from work. There are gonna be douchebags on the trail just like there will be douchebags on a golf course. And it's a conceded point that there's a far higher douchebag to normal people ratio on a golf course, but try not to be one of em. You'll end up getting stabbed.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I married in to a golf family, like my wife and brother in law got golf scholarships and so on and they don't know how to relax, ever much less on a golf course. They get all stuck up and shit, no noise, no goofing off, nothing. Fucking sucks, and all I ever hear is why don't I ever want to go play, I tell them because they are fucking fucktards on the golf course and remove every possibility of fun. Ever see jack ass where they blew the horns? That shit was funny and I like to play a sport and have fun.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
I'm just messing around, I'm indifferent about golf. I mean really, getting stabbed on a golf course is as likely as a biker brawl happening in a Starbucks...
Hmm Dan, you do go to Starbuck too don't you?
Fuck me, I like golf.

Sure, I'm terrible at it and I'm rarely anywhere near competent, but I enjoy getting out and spending about 4 hours with a few pals, shooting the shit, knocking back some brews, stabbing people and having a nice long-smoking cigar :smokin:

That said, for FUCK'S sake, people. Learn SOME of the etiquette for this game BEFORE you go play. There's rules, some written and some unwritten. Learn all of em. They're there for a reason. Golf is supposed more relaxing when everyone is on the same page for a shanking. If you look behind you all day long for fear of being stabbed and the same group is sitting there waiting for you to hack the ball another 10 feet, wave em on at the next par 3 - ESPECIALLY if there's no one in front of you. Or at least be ready to stab a bitch if they disrespect you by trying to play through This is called common courtesy. It is no longer nearly as common as it once was.

Just like wheelin, this is how people get their chillax on during their time off from work. There are gonna be douchebags on the trail just like there will be douchebags on a golf course. And it's a conceded point that there's a far higher douchebag to normal people ratio on a golf course, but try not to be one of em. You'll end up getting stabbed.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I like golf. Fuck watching it on TV or anything, but it's a fun game to suck at. I have an ancient set of '70s clubs in tiny puke green bag... fucking steel shaft Arnold Palmers. My woods are made of wood. I like the cursing, drinking, and smoking more than playing the actual game. Rollin' sideways in a cart, not giving a fuuuuuuuccckkkkk. I can see a fight breaking out if the guy playing through buzzed them with a ball when they weren't paying attention. They'd get all pissy and douchey, and one thing to another and... um, yeah.

~SoCo

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
One of our state mottos is “Drive Friendly”. No one said we have to golf friendly:beer:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Get outta line with me on the golf course, you get the shiv! Fuckin n00bs...seriously, if I watched my buddy get shanked, I wouldn't stand there like a dumbass. There'd be bodies on the ground.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I used to literally play everyday back in high school. Started averaging in the high 80's. If you were under 19 you could get a junior membership for $200 and play as much as you wanted whenever you wanted.

Now I'm a duffer. Golf is NOT like riding a bike.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
I know right? You have a whole bag of high tech carbon fiber and titanium war hammers, use them.
Get outta line with me on the golf course, you get the shiv! Fuckin n00bs...seriously, if I watched my buddy get shanked, I wouldn't stand there like a dumbass. There'd be bodies on the ground.

I had to look up duffer. I learned a new word this morning.
Thanks man, Kyle
I used to literally play everyday back in high school. Started averaging in the high 80's. If you were under 19 you could get a junior membership for $200 and play as much as you wanted whenever you wanted.

Now I'm a duffer. Golf is NOT like riding a bike.

·
Registered
847 Posts
For any of you who feel golf is too "boring", you should do as we do, once a month... There's a little, piece of shit, course in Giddings, Texas that we go to to play "Speed Golf". We can usually get in 6 or 7 FULL rounds in a day!

And you never have to get out of the cart! (Fortunately, the owner's son comes a plays with us...) It doesn't matter how many strokes it takes to get there. The goal is to be the first to the hole!

However, we don't shank people who don't let us play through. We just run them down.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL - I was thinking this last night. What kinda pussies was he golfing with?

For any of you who feel golf is too "boring", you should do as we do, once a month... There's a little, piece of shit, course in Giddings, Texas that we go to to play "Speed Golf". We can usually get in 6 or 7 FULL rounds in a day!

And you never have to get out of the cart! (Fortunately, the owner's son comes a plays with us...) It doesn't matter how many strokes it takes to get there. The goal is to be the first to the hole!

However, we don't shank people who don't let us play through. We just run them down.
I like this. May have to see if I can get a round of the going on my local shithole in the wall course.

Fuckin customers...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There used to be a par-3 lighted night course near here, it was a lot of fun to play like that at 10pm. Usually ended with a game of "bumper-carts". When I did the 180 in the cart, and my friend went tumbling out of it and almost got nailed by the cart behind us... those were good times.

~SoCo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.