JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would temper my normally pissed off newstream with something pretty cool.

Got the link below in an email from one of my co-workers this morning. Friends of her family have a 9 year old boy who has decided that he and his dad will be shavees for the St. Baldrick's Foundation.

Turns out the shave event will be in JC territory, so I thought I would cross post it for her. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't BSA Troop 161 the same group of kids who camped at Batona awhile back who had that monster gear trailer with their logo on the side?

Anyway, the kid has set a goal of $500. He was at $350 this morning when he left for school. I think it would be cool as hell if JKO blew that $500 goal right out of the water by the time he gets home from school today. Got about 6 hours to do it, so it should'nt be all that hard to hit the mark.

You can donate here:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/522611/2012

EVENT PARTICIPATION DETAILS
Venue:
Collingswood Firefighters for a Kids' Cure
Collingswood, NJ
Team:

BSA Pack 161
Event Date:

March 18, 2012

St. Baldrick's is a pretty cool cancer research org that hosts events where people are sponsored to shave their heads. Proceeds go directly toward cancer research.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
definitely a good cause!!!!! nice find Dan!

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've known about Baldrick's for awhile, but this is the first time in awhile I've been asked to help someone hit their mark. The fact that it's a 9 year old boy scout raising the money just kinda makes it cooler.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
heck yeah! I'm an Eagle Scout so i am a sucker for these things!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
AMERICA!

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AWESOME!

Let's see if we can hit the grand mark for him by the time he gets home today. From what my co-worker tells me, he was really nervous that he wouldn't hit his target by the date of the event since the donations had kinda slacked off after family and friends donated.

Kid's gonna shit himself when he sees what we did today.

:beer:

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Done. Never made it to eagle but I went through cubs, weblo, and boy scout for a few years. I hope this makes the kids day. Good looking out Dan, thanks for the heads up.
Thanks man.

LOL - got an email just now asking who the hell the Jersey Crew are.

BTW - JC: If you donate, make sure you tag it with Jersey Crew so they can keep looking at it and wondering who the hell we are. :smokin:

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Done. First I've heard of this. I shave my head every day, for free.

And donated in memory of mine and my wife's mother who both died of cancer. Fuck you, cancer!
Damn right. FUCK CANCER. My old man beat his ass cancer (colon) but it cost him the ability to fart - he's got an ostemy bag now. They've had to pull so many of his organs that his organ donor card got revoked for lack of interest.

Up to $700 bucks! Couple more hours til this dude gets home from school. Be really cool to see him up to a grand by then!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Damn right. FUCK CANCER. My old man beat his ass cancer (colon) but it cost him the ability to fart - he's got an ostemy bag now. They've had to pull so many of his organs that his organ donor card got revoked for lack of interest.

Up to $700 bucks! Couple more hours til this dude gets home from school. Be really cool to see him up to a grand by then!
Oh damn.

And fuck yeah it would!

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Done - $890

Good day for Cancer Research

Nice work Dan:beer:

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Done. First I've heard of this. I shave my head every day, for free.

And donated in memory of mine and my wife's mother who both died of cancer. Fuck you, cancer!
Can't agree more :thefinger::flipoff::shitstorm::pissed::nono-1::nuke::explode::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff: Cancer

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great casue and the Gloucester County Dept of Emergencey Responce (where I work) put together a big team and raises a ton of money for this every year. Some good shit right there.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I hope this kid comes home from school and is all WTF?:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Great cause! This will be my 6th year attending the Collingswood event. Staz, their firefighter who the event is in memory of was a great guy. He got hired at the FD about a year after me & we were in many classes together. The kids & even some little girls really get the money flowing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.