JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 09 x auto, barely have any electrical related mods.

Thursday night I was trying to install a new radio and used a harness that came with it, "No Bus" came up on the odometer for a sec when I started the jeep up (it was starting up just fine). I didn't get to put in the radio that night and left the dash as is as if someone jacked the radio.

Friday to work and back it starts up fine. Left it parked at my house for about 3 hours till I decided to turn it on but it wouldn't.

No click. Dash is working. Shifter thing indicates the correct position when I move it around. Lights aren't dim inside. Headlights work. "No bus" never came up. Fuses are good.

Although... the past 3 weeks, it would feel/sound a little weird when I would shift from P to N on a cold start.

-Tried starting from N
-Tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight
-Tried putting the pos and neg cables together
-Tried jump starting

Did I miss anything? Trying not to have to get it towed to a dealership. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Have an 09 x auto, barely have any electrical related mods.

Thursday night I was trying to install a new radio and used a harness that came with it, "No Bus" came up on the odometer for a sec when I started the jeep up (it was starting up just fine). I didn't get to put in the radio that night and left the dash as is as if someone jacked the radio.

Friday to work and back it starts up fine. Left it parked at my house for about 3 hours till I decided to turn it on but it wouldn't.

No click. Dash is working. Shifter thing indicates the correct position when I move it around. Lights aren't dim inside. Headlights work. "No bus" never came up. Fuses are good.

Although... the past 3 weeks, it would feel/sound a little weird when I would shift from P to N on a cold start.

-Tried starting from N
-Tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight
-Tried putting the pos and neg cables together
-Tried jump starting

Did I miss anything? Trying not to have to get it towed to a dealership. Thanks in advance
First time I've heard that one. Can you have a quick look at your neutral switch? I've never looked for mine so I can't help locate it. But if you had felt something funny, maybe it came loose... Thats about all I can come up with.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your battery may be close to dead. Most of us seem to have bad factory batteries after about a year or so. Good luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have heard of the plastic clip being weak, but shouldn't the shifter be fine if it the dash says where it is?

Forgot to mention that I also bought a new battery and still had the same results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This I belive is the No engine start or no engine crank due to electronic lockup of the WCM/SKREEM My jeep does this often the frist time they said bad battery R&R it .still have same problem every once and a while I useuly wait about two or three minutes and give it another try and it starts, I told my srevice advisor and gave him the service bulletin I got off this forum. made a app: for the frist to have that done and get my roof leak fixed. I purchessed the life time warenty so it will cost me 100 and that it.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
that blows, did you get a new one yet? If not call Zack at pro chrysler Jeep in Colorado. hell take care of you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts