JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I got to play with the new snowplow last Friday after getting 10 plus inches of snow. Now... living on a 4 lane highway, we ended up with at lease 2 1/2 feet of heavy wet snow at the end of the driveway after the plows came. I had my doubts at first, seeing this is only a stock JK-X with 225/75/16 tires. Well let me tell you!!! This Jeep is great. I had a ball plowing/playing ....and it sure beats shoveling/snowblowin.

1. No problem with Jeep over-heating.
2. No problem plowing 10 inches of snow.
3. Takes less than a couple of minutes to attach and unattach.
4. Joy stick control mounted on dash for up/down-right/left.
5. Price= $3,200 installed
6. If you live in a place that doesn't see snow "DON"T BUY IT" it's probably not worth it, but if you have a need for one like I do, than I reccomend it.
7. Is this considered a mod???

Attachments

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks like you've got a mess to clean up.:)

· Registered
100 Posts
rclarK:
Nice pics.

I noticed you have mud flaps front and rear. I have been lookng for a set for my 08 JK Unlimited (front and rear). Would you mind telling me where did you get them, and who is the manufacturer?

Thanks in advance for the information.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rclarK:
Nice pics.

I noticed you have mud flaps front and rear. I have been lookng for a set for my 08 JK Unlimited (front and rear). Would you mind telling me where did you get them, and who is the manufacturer?

Thanks BOBY435,

Do a seach for "Mopar OEM Jeep Wrangler Deluxe Molded Splash Guards"..
then try Autotrucktoy.com .............. They do a great job keeping the road splash/rocks off the doors and back when the top is down and the windows are out. They're less then $50.00 a pair and they're easy to install.

· Registered
3,225 Posts
Cool, I should try to find one for my WJ, because the city waits about 5 days before they plow our street. :pissed:

· Registered
1,729 Posts
My plow is my front bumper... Last blizzard, we had like 6 foot deep drifts, they closed the city down and didn't plow for 3 days. I spent 2 of them transporting staff too and from the Hospital to keep it running. Got paid to snow-wheel when they were ticketing other people for trying to drive around town..... nice.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
do you have a pic of how low the plow frame hangs? and if it hangs low is it easy to remove the whole mount for wheeling?

Here's a picture of the Fisher plow mounts and bracket. The brackets stay on all the time. You have 9" from back of bracket to ground. The mounts are removed with a couple of carter pins. (On and off in no time at all). Drive right on to the frame and lock your pin springs in and your done.

Don't get to excited BeerMonkey it won't fit Rubicons:shaking:

· Registered
3,569 Posts
Biggest orgasm some of these Maine natives get is when the wifey buys them a snow plow, or a snow blower, or an ice fishing hut with a heater, or a .....:thefinger:

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Definitely a mod...and if you ever get really angry at someone, then you can also use it to "modify " their vehicle.

I miss winters up north, and plowing the driveways. Easy to make friends with the neighbors when you've got a snow-plow.

:beer:

· Registered
3,569 Posts
I don'y miss this $hit snow in Maine....should only come for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays...after that, I can live with the sub-zero temps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.