JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered new tires for my jk and just pulled the trigger on a superchips tuner.Are they here yet......are they here yet....;)

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Hey! What tires? What size???

Inquiring minds ya' know.... :)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah..Goodyear silent armor a/t's,stock size since i'm not going to lift my jeep.I only go out on logging trails and old mining roads prospecting.Don't need a lift kit or big tires to do the job I need to do.Besides,it's hard enough for me to get into my jk at stock height,LOL.I'm really looking forward to the superchips tuner.;):beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Nice Chief, can't wait to see your review of the Superchips.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on just doing the 87 tune,plus the tpms etc.I have a good benchmark on how it runs/drives stock.I will keep a log on how the superchips improves everything including mpg.I really wanted to run a slightly larger tire size,but the better half has an even harder time getting in and out of the JK then I do.Keeping that in mind brings up my creedo,"don't piss em off iffin ya don't have to".;)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I plan on just doing the 87 tune,plus the tpms etc.I have a good benchmark on how it runs/drives stock.I will keep a log on how the superchips improves everything including mpg.I really wanted to run a slightly larger tire size,but the better half has an even harder time getting in and out of the JK then I do.Keeping that in mind brings up my creedo,"don't piss em off iffin ya don't have to".;)
I know what your talking about there. My Wife had back problems so I took off the 35's and the Jeep came down about an inch.:shaking: Still high enough but not a strain on her for now. Looking at buying 16's wheels and 285X75X16 in a MTR or a Fierce Attitude if I can get them locally. Sometime in August I'm doing this figure the SRA's tires will be worn by then to do it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weekend update:

I got my tires and the superchips flashpak all at once on Thursday.Fast service I would say.I will have the tires mounted Mon,or Tuesday,then up to the dealership for an oil change and several minor recall things......Then I will install the tune on the way home.That's almost 40 miles so I should be able to see and feel the difference.I just finished updating the flashpak.that took about 20 or so minutes.For anyones reference:I bought the superchips at www.4wheelonline.com $294.95 free shipping. www.tirecrawler.com 5 stock size Goodyear silent armor at's,[email protected] plus s/h.:smokin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts