JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
has anyone removed theirs? Do you have to drop the trans crossmember to get it out? I have to change mine blah. Any helpful tips?
I have replaced my crossover exhaust piece with an aFe y-pipe. You do not need to remove the trans crossmember, but you will have to temporarily remove the skid for the installation of the y-pipe and then reinstall the skid. If you are using the Teraflex spacers to move the crossover, you don't need to remove the skid either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I removed mine a few months ago to do some repair on a crushed bit. Took way too long.

My advice:

Take the inner fender plastic off the passenger side. Makes it a lot easier to get at the manifold bolts there.

Spray the bolts down with penetrating oil (I just used WD40) a day or so before you do it. Disconnect the O2 sensors before you get too far.

I hacked the crossover pipe off (replaced with a temporary section), if you are not going to do that you will need to remove the crossmember.

After doing this by hand I got an impact wrench. Makes exhaust work a lot easier.

Here's a photo I took while it was in progress. Axe and jack handle was used to loosen the Y from the tail pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.