JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2dr , Rubi, JK, auto, and have installed a 1 3/4 inch coil spacer kit and 1.5 inch wheel spacers, still have stock tires and wheels. My question is: do I need to extend my brake lines to use my factory sway bars disconnects?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The amount of droop your axle will have is determined by how long the shocks are. If you are still running the stock shocks with no extensions, then then the max axle droop wont have changed no matter what you do with the springs or wheels, so you will have no probs at all :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
extended brake lines

Thanks for the info. I still have the stock shocks, but will change them out shortly. I was going to use Rancho 5000s, but see if I could get them about 2 inches longer. Might this be OK?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looking around at some of the install instructions for 2" lifts (quadratec has most of the install PDFs online for easy download), doesn't look like they do anything with the stock brake lines.

Once you jump up to the 2.5" range, then you start to see brake line brackets for the rear, but nothing really for the front ones.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a RC 2.5" lift, 1.5" wheel spacers and stock rubi wheels.

I extended my rear brake lines and will extend the fronts as soon as I can, as the front shocks will allow more droop then the brake lines will allow.

TAC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts