Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Go with Rigid

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I see a lot of LED lights in my future. The new round case lights from xmitter will fit very well on Jeep side mounts, and on my dirt bike.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Strobes? Anyone know where to get some really really bright amber strobes? I want to use some as additional hazard lights on my roof rack, and behind the grill of my Jeep. I have had a few scarry moments loading broken bikes on mountain roads, and reocovering stuck vehicles in low visibility situations at night. Some really bright amber strobes would add some saftey to the situation.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Strobes? Anyone know where to get some really really bright amber strobes? I want to use some as additional hazard lights on my roof rack, and behind the grill of my Jeep. I have had a few scarry moments loading broken bikes on mountain roads, and reocovering stuck vehicles in low visibility situations at night. Some really bright amber strobes would add some saftey to the situation.
Check these out: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14997

With 8 pods you can arrange them how you see fit and choose the strobe pattern.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have searched and read all of the threads on LED light bars and I am sold on LEDs, but who builds the better light bar? Please give your opinion and/or experience. Thanks!

visionxoffroad.com/led/xmitter/

rigidindustries.com/category_s/64.htm
Both companies build great lights, both are very high-end in quality, and both throw out massive ammounts of light for the power they draw.

As for durability, I have only seen tests on the Rigid line. You can see for yourself here at the bottom of the page:http://www.rdmoffroad.com/10-E-Series-High-Intensity-L.E.D.-Light-Bar-by-Rigid-Industries.aspx

Both offer lifetime warranties so I don't think you could go wrong choosing one over the other.

Mounting is different for each company. The Rigid line mounts on the ends and VisionX has bottom mounts. Both can be tab, flat, or tube mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts