JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a hit can the Xenon Narrow fender flares take. I would hope that they just fold over or flex and not bend the sheet metal. Anyone have first hand experience?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine have taken a couple of direct hits from trees and they just flex out of the way then bounce right back.

My wife ran over one of the rear ones with her Tahoe while I was installing them. It didn't even scratch it.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
How much of a hit can the Xenon Narrow fender flares take. I would hope that they just fold over or flex and not bend the sheet metal. Anyone have first hand experience?
I've yet to bang mine that hard, but they seem to flex very well. I don't see them being strong enough to bend the sheet metal. The only area of concern is the front support which is hard plastic, although I suspect this would break first.

FWIW I've seen a buddy's TJ Xenon flares bend totally up without causing any body damage, but the TJ sheet metal appears to more substantial than the JK's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xenon

Those are good replies. I would also guess that the warmer they get the more flexible they are. I would be rubbing them against rocks from time to time. Right now the stock flares just rip off and the clips to put them back on are not cheap.

·
Registered
314 Posts
rear fenders bent so much they rubbed the rear tire then popped back out with only a scratch. Have stuffed the rears against mountains with no body damage. Built very well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, with as much flex as they have, has anyone figured out how to match the paint color and actually keep paint somewhat on them? :)

Chris

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
If you paint them, it will obviously come off on the rocks/trees/etc and no doubt crack when they get folded. Just leave them the natural black finish, although they will show scars:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts