JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I boogered up my front fender on a tree a while back and am thinking about fixing it.

I will get a LED replacement marker light and can glue it in but wondered if there was a product that I can use that will actually stick and is moldable to the plastic.. bondo or something that I can sand down then have bedlined. I wouldn't need much, just to connect the bottom part that snapped out.

Anyone have an idea?

· Random Dude
3,036 Posts
A decent option is

Permatex Right Stuff gasket maker. Comes in a Cheez Whiz can.

I don't know about sanding it, but it sticks incredibly once it's set up.

I have some of my rock lights stuck under the fenders with it, and don't know if I could take them off without destroying something.

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Permatex Right Stuff gasket maker. Comes in a Cheez Whiz can.

I don't know about sanding it, but it sticks incredibly once it's set up.

I have some of my rock lights stuck under the fenders with it, and don't know if I could take them off without destroying something.
That might be the way to go. I only need something to hold the marker light in place really... I don't even care if the little piece is missing. Thanks for the tip.. and I need to wire up my damn rock lights too.. nice to know I can use it for that as well.

I think Xenon also has a warranty on their fenders. Might be worth checking out if you're the original buyer. :beer:
I sent an email to their customer service right before I posted this and it got bounced "Mail Delivery failure"...

I will give them a call.

· Random Dude
3,036 Posts
Don't get the Permatex on anything you don't want it on . . . it never comes off completely. Masking tape, gloves, and paper towels are your friends. :koolaid:

I have it sticking to Duplicolor rattle can truck bed coating, so spray bedliner should stick to it no problem.

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Xenon also has a warranty on their fenders. Might be worth checking out if you're the original buyer. :beer:
I got a chuckle out of their warranty page...... yes they do have a Lifetime Warranty.. I just don't think that folding them up against a tree qualifies.

"EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS:

Failure due to misuse, abuse, off-road use or improper installation are not covered under this warranty."

I am three for four on that one... :thankyou:

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't get the Permatex on anything you don't want it on . . . it never comes off completely. Masking tape, gloves, and paper towels are your friends. :koolaid:

I have it sticking to Duplicolor rattle can truck bed coating, so spray bedliner should stick to it no problem.
Thanks for the tip....

I am one of those guys that can look at Never Seize and have it on me from head to toe....

· Registered
34 Posts
All plastics are not created equal. Look under the fender and try to find out what the fender is made out of or call the manufacturer. You can get the correct product to fix your fender at an automotive paint supply house. Some plastics require certain prep such as mechanically sand, or use of a chemical for adhesion purposes. The adhesive is usually a two part epoxy using a special applicator. Then sanding, priming, painting. If you don't do this you are just wasting your money and time by not using the correct products. Hope this helps you.

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All plastics are not created equal. Look under the fender and try to find out what the fender is made out of or call the manufacturer. You can get the correct product to fix your fender at an automotive paint supply house. Some plastics require certain prep such as mechanically sand, or use of a chemical for adhesion purposes. The adhesive is usually a two part epoxy using a special applicator. Then sanding, priming, painting. If you don't do this you are just wasting your money and time by not using the correct products. Hope this helps you.
Thanks.

I plan on giving them a call on Monday. Both their email address listed online are not working.

It is more of an eyesore than anything...

· Random Dude
3,036 Posts
Thanks.

I plan on giving them a call on Monday. Both their email address listed online are not working.

It is more of an eyesore than anything...
If you don't get a good "factory" fix for this, the Permatex will not let you down. It sticks like ugly on a bulldog's nut sack.:eek:

· Registered
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard back from Xenon today and their customer service kicks ass.

Like I figured, it wasn't covered by their warranty but they did hook me up with a nice discount on a single flare.

I will order a new one and have both sides bedlined.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.