JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these on thier JK.

I would like to see them in some good pictures before I purchase them. Also if anyone has them in their stock black form, that being the color i want to stay with.

Also dislikes and likes.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Yes, as BigO pointed out, I have them and happy with them so far. On their first off-road workout I had none of the rubbing issues I had before and despite some close encounters they never contacted the rocks as the stock ones did. Overall I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I wheeled with a guy that had them last weekend. He scraped a few trees quite gently and ended up creasing 3 out of 4 body panels. The fenders were totally undamaged so he removed them all for the last day of wheeling to prevent any more body damage.

There you have it...Xenon flares are stronger than your Jeep.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it and I like the looks. I think I just found my new fender flares!

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I wheeled with a guy that had them last weekend. He scraped a few trees quite gently and ended up creasing 3 out of 4 body panels. The fenders were totally undamaged so he removed them all for the last day of wheeling to prevent any more body damage.
I'm surprised as they are very soft, apart from the support plate at the front. I crushed a factory fender against a rock, destroyed the fender, but no body damage at all, and the factory ones are much stiffer. I've also seen the Xenon flares fold completely up on a TJ that was against rocks and no body damage there either, although I suspect the TJ's body panels are stronger than a JK's.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Hmmm...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :confused:
Actually that was one of my concerns about steel tube fenders and the JK. I understand that the load is spread etc, but the JK panels are just so thin I would not be surprised to see steel tube fenders bending the sheet metal when you whack the fenders.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you notice people running steel fenders have reinforced body panels. I too have the narrow flares (first set off production line) and they are awesome. I folded the rear on all the way to the tire on a mountain and no damage. They look good and fit great. The only downside I see with them is the fenderwell area.
You do have to rattle can a small section here and there so it blends nicely. On a side note the rears do not fit the 2dr. Scratch that, they fit but they have had some sagging issues due to the differences in the 2dr and 4dr. They are tooling new ones and should be available in a week or 2. I will keep you guys updated cause they are sending me new ones as soon as they are ready.
Only pic I have is in my avatar. No digital camera :shaking:

I give them :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: out of 5

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
If you notice people running steel fenders have reinforced body panels.
Yup, and I'm not seeing any of the JK ones doing that. I know the PSC front ones tie into that sub frame that is behind the sheet metal and that is a definite improvement, but they don't have rears available. Depending on how they do the rears I may have gone with PSC steel fenders, but I needed the extra clearance now and still like the idea of them folding or giving when pushed against a rock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very true. I guess it all depends on how I want it to look, but function is nearly the same for sure. Thanks for the pics.

Chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have laid mine flat, and other than the lights busting I dont have a problem. When I poped the light the flare was up against a tree and really wasnt the quality of the product wood is stronger than plasic.

Here is my rear doing its thing...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts