JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to sell these, but don't want to ship them, so selling them in this forum. My dog jumped out of the Jeep today and got his foot caught in between the rails and broke his leg. So these have got to go, not to mention to help pay for the $1000 vet bill I got slapped with, for just a splint. They have slight scuffs here and there, mainly from shoes and heels. Asking $200, negotiable.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_610_07.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in North Naples, and have been toying with the idea of getting some sliders. Maybe we could meet up somewhere and I could take a look at them. Let me know....

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
very sorry to hear this about the pup Everett. :(

i got a local guy (port charlotte) that i'll pass the word onto... i don't think he has these yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how long till he or she will be fully healed
They said 3 - 4 weeks most likely, I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday to get a consult on whether he needs to have surgery and have a pin put in. So far pricing for that has been around $2,500 :shocked:. Florida is extremely expensive when it comes to vets, my hometown vet in NC said he would do it for $175... so hopefully he will be ok with just the brace, but I'll leave that up to the vet.

Less than an hour after coming home with the splint he's already hopping around like he doesn't need the leg, he's got some willpower! Thanks for all the kind words. I never expected this to happen with the rails either, he was stepping down and he normally just jumps from the door, but he put his paw on the inner most rail and I guess he slipped a little bit and his foot went between the two rails and his body kept going towards the ground.

·
Registered
623 Posts
man.. for the last 2 days I have been thinking about these things.. I may have to go buy the 2 door version..
My side steps have been falling off since River Rock GA and I didn't want to loose the step ability with regular rails, but I wanted to get rid of the plastic....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pm sent.

·
Registered
715 Posts
2nd dibs if they are still avail!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
PM Sent!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
We tore up our passenger side RR nerf bar last weekend in ocala and I was planning to upgrade to RR rockers... the nerfs are pretty thin, but I have a german shepherd who loves the back seat. It never would have occurred to me that this could be a problem. Now I'm wondering RanWitScissorz what do you think you'll replace them with? I know the mopar aftermarket ones have a relatively small tube that's tighter to the body, but it's way overpriced. Any other ideas? Maybe run sheet metal between the tubes? I'm no fabricator but I'd rather learn to weld than hurt the dog.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
aww. poor doggie!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've decided to keep the rails and have a plate welded on top, I've had a hard time finding a replacement rail that works well as a step (it's very hard to get in my jeep at it's height and I'm not getting any younger). Sorry if this affects anyone, I tried not to make any promises to anyone.

FYI, pup had surgery on Monday, he had a plate and 10 bolts put in his leg, $2700. He's acting like a normal puppy again, but he has to be secluded to a crate for the next 8-10 weeks so he doesn't mess it up.

fl-mitchells: I never expected it to happen this way either, like I mentioned, he always jumped over the rail, but this time he tried to shimmy down by putting a paw on the rail. My guess is either he slipped a little bit or jumped at too steep an angle and his foot got lodged in. I'd definitly recommend not letting your dog jump out with these rails on, and just pick him up and out.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
sorry about the pup. you could go with a set like i am using as they bend up on an angle and it would be difficult to get snagged. i have to admit they don't work really well as a step but look to offer good protection.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts