JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as I am going home from work about 30 minutes ago and about 600feet from my house i get pulled over. Now i live on a highway but the sheriff said i was going 68 in a 55. Now heres the odd part; my speedo was on 53-55 because i was watching for deer. My speedometer is calibrated right and everything. Got a verbal warning but its still bugging me. Not to mention he was coming my direction and no others were set up radaring.. What the fuck.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Did you compare with GPS?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes there is a chance he was incorrect.

He did say i had a nice jeep though; that was cool

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not intending to totally defend the cop, but most modern speed radar systems used by law enforcement end up having dual sensors and also can be used while moving... so the whole "they need to be stationary" or "he was coming at me" doesn't apply anymore. They can track you going away, towards, from the front or rear... provided the patrol vehicle has the proper equipment.

The only reasons that they are stationary for working radar is because of a known area where either everyone does above the limit, or for an area that there are complaints about. That, and if they're using Laser, then they have to physically aim the device at your vehicle... and if you're tagged with laser, all a laser detector is going to do is pretty much tell you to slow down so the cop doesn't have far to go to get you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts