JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) i have an aux reverse light wired to my normal reverse lights.

2) i have lights mounted above my windshield that are switched fused and relayed.

3) they are both grounded to my kargomaster rack.

here is the problem.

when i hit the switch to turn on my windshiled lights they do not light up. instead the reverse lights come on.

and when i put it in reverse my normal lights come on but my rear aux flood does not.

do yall have any ideas????

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
I hate to be a smart ass... but have you tried just fliping the power/signal wires around? Either the ones going to the relays or the power wires form the relays to the lights... From what you've described, it sounds like they're backwards...

That doesn't make sense unless you screwed something up...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I hate to be a smart ass... but have you tried just fliping the power wires around? That doesn't make sense unless you screwed something up...
X2, sounds like you got your wires crossed. Did you do the wiring at the same time. Did it ever work the way wired it to?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiring was done at the same time. and it worked for about 2 weeks. hit some really rough roads over the weekend. thought it might be shorting out or something, but wouldnt that blow a fuse?

·
Registered
649 Posts
sounds like you've got some trouble shooting in your future. Disconnect them both and try some swapping your hots. Never know that's why it's called trouble shooting. Good luck man.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
also the rack is probably not the best ground

·
Registered
52 Posts
A bad ground can cause all kinds of crap. I'd check that first then go to the hot wires.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
meant to update this. it was a bad ground. i now have a grounding strap going from the jeeps frame to the racks frame. all is good now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts