JKOwners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some exhaust spacers. They are cheap over priced pieces of flares exhaust tube from a muffler shop. They get the job done, but are way over priced, but I paid for them so I didn't have to explain to a muffler shop what I wanted.

Now, I see on your website, you have an image of this part that is machined pieces. WTF? Did I get ripped off or what? Unless you're false advertising by showing an image nothing like what you are actually selling, I got ripped off.

So, what is it? Are you showing an image of something completely different to make them look better, or did you sell me the cheap over priced parts for the cost of the nice parts? I haven't installed them yet, so how about we swap for those nice ones?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The video on your website even shows the flared tubes that I got at about the 2.35 mark. They are nothing like the photo.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried emailing or PMing Teraflex yet? If you haven't, I'd HGTD this and go that way. You got the part you ordered, it just didn't look like the image, which happens sometimes.
I just found out and I did contact my dealer who sold me the part.

It's not so much about it not looking exactly the same. It's about it being a completely different part that serves the same purpose. Do I have a legit bitch? I think so. Would Teraflex be obligated to refund me or replace the part? Absolutely not, because I saw the video before I ordered and saw what I was getting.

Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls. The spacers I got were a temp fix in my opinion. Especially after recieving them and seeing they are cheap ass aluminized tubing that will likely rust away long before the rest of my exhaust. After seeing the machined parts, I would consider those a great cheaper permanent fix as they should last forever. I can only assume I recieved a pre-production part and the machined ones are the real parts which would justify the price tag. This just makes me wonder why they sold me the part they did though. I'd also love if they did swap them out for me so I would never have to worry about them in the future.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well the part on there page was probably a pre production part out of what looks like stainless tubing it is not machined! using straight tubing in the ball socket flange has its problems if it gets over tightened it will tend to crease on one end or split on the other end of the tube insert and fail... there is also the problem with less surface area to seal! You can see in the video the spacers are totally different and are reduced on one end and expanded on the other to fit and seal properly and there made out of muffler tubing how much more of a difference is there in the spacers you received? A pic would be nice to see what you are mad about?

As far as the price goes stop by your local muffler shop and see how much they will charge to make some spacers and get the right hardware? bet it's more the 60 bucks?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I purchased some exhaust spacers. They are cheap over priced pieces of flares exhaust tube from a muffler shop. They get the job done, but are way over priced, but I paid for them so I didn't have to explain to a muffler shop what I wanted.

Now, I see on your website, you have an image of this part that is machined pieces. WTF? Did I get ripped off or what? Unless you're false advertising by showing an image nothing like what you are actually selling, I got ripped off.

So, what is it? Are you showing an image of something completely different to make them look better, or did you sell me the cheap over priced parts for the cost of the nice parts? I haven't installed them yet, so how about we swap for those nice ones?
I would recommend contacting tflex to find out more info on what you are talking about before posting a WTF thread, just say'n, I've not heard to much bad stuff about them and I'm sure it can be resolved, if not then post your WTF thread.

JK Neal

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls.
Really? :shaking:

So....you called your "dealer" but didn't give TF the benefit of having spoken to them before posting your bloody tampon here. Just go ahead and call out the people who have no idea what's going on.....'cause that's always the best answer.

Stop being a ****, call TF (not your dealer), and ask a simple question, for fuck's sake.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Moving this to DL.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
I just found out and I did contact my dealer who sold me the part. So you STILL haven't contacted TF to ask them what's going on. Classy

It's not so much about it not looking exactly the same. It's about it being a completely different part that serves the same purpose. Do I have a legit bitch? I think so. Maybe, but it's hard to see through the haboob of vagina sand you're cranking out here Would Teraflex be obligated to refund me or replace the part? No. Caveat emptor. Do some fucking research before whining like a little cuntAbsolutely not, because I saw the video before I ordered and saw what I was getting. You're even answering your own questions now. Seriously, WTF mate?

Honestly, I like Teraflex and this isn't so much a bitch at them thread as a WTF thread and to bust their balls. This is why I think you're a douchebag The spacers I got were a temp fix in my opinion. Especially after recieving them and seeing they are cheap ass aluminized tubing that will likely rust away long before the rest of my exhaust. After seeing the machined parts, I would consider those a great cheaper permanent fix as they should last forever. I can only assume I recieved a pre-production part and the machined ones are the real parts which would justify the price tag. You sure do a shitload of assuming, don't you? This just makes me wonder why they sold me the part they did though. Maybe they heard what a fucking douche you are and decided to preemptively fuck with you. Or maybe you didn't research your purchase very well. Ya know, either or... I'd also love if they did swap them out for me so I would never have to worry about them in the future. If I'm a TF rep and am reading this, I would immediately find a way to ship you a cockpunch.
Good luck with all that, you bottom feeding nitwit.:thefinger:

Moving this to DL.
Good call. :beer:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
so he felt like bitching that the product recieved doesn't look like the one pictured...

what's the problem here?
I just think he's jumping the gun and being a whiny **** about it here rather than getting on the horn with TF and asking them if there's a reason for the difference. For all we know it was a shipping error.

I call em like I see em.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Really? :shaking:

So....you called your "dealer" but didn't give TF the benefit of having spoken to them before posting your bloody tampon here. Just go ahead and call out the people who have no idea what's going on.....'cause that's always the best answer.

Stop being a ****, call TF (not your dealer), and ask a simple question, for fuck's sake.
well said :beer:

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Well it seems that someone posted the pic of the new exhaust spacers on our website that will be out in 5-6 weeks. Sorry that should not of been posted on the website, I will get a current pic uploaded today.
That was me... Sorry guys ill go pull that pic i was just trying to help another guy out....

*** the pic i posted has been remover :beer:***

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just think he's jumping the gun and being a whiny **** about it here rather than getting on the horn with TF and asking them if there's a reason for the difference. For all we know it was a shipping error.

I call em like I see em.
yep, I would agree that calling the company before posting a public rant would be good. but the flaming is getting out of hand. it isnt necessary to call names and profanely trash-talk everything you dont agree with... there is a lot of that around here lately and its getting old.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I had a nut fall off my tera quick discos. I called them up, they answered the phone on the second ring, and promptly answered my question of what size nut and thread count I needed to get to replace it.

Funny how that phone works. Maybe if you call them, they can help you as opposed to starting a bullshit thread that is going to go down hill quickly. You must be one of those guys who wants free shit.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
yep, I would agree that calling the company before posting a public rant would be good. but the flaming is getting out of hand. it isnt necessary to call names and profanely trash-talk everything you dont agree with... there is a lot of that around here lately and its getting old.
:shaking::shaking::shaking: do you need your own thread to feel better

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.