JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a dual batery system today in the rear with a hellroaring isolator combiner. Ran all the wires, 2ga from the rear to the front and to the ground, and then I disconnected the battery and put a distribution block under the hood. Then I connected all wires to the distribution block and then connected the POS in the rear.

NOw it will not start :pissed: No, the batteries are not dead. No, it will not jump start. No, there are no obvious fuses blown.

It goes "click" like the battery is dead and then nothing else. Oh and the windshield wipers will go once.

There is nothing I did odd or shorted anything. This is way too soon for a starter seliniod to die as well.

just to keep me sane: there is 3 red wires to the POS on the stock JK right? 2 that are joined at one terminal and one other. and there is 2 NEG wires joined at one terminal. someone want to verify this for me.

help

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
Installed a dual batery system today in the rear with a hellroaring isolator combiner. Ran all the wires, 2ga from the rear to the front and to the ground, and then I disconnected the battery and put a distribution block under the hood. Then I connected all wires to the distribution block and then connected the POS in the rear.

NOw it will not start :pissed: No, the batteries are not dead. No, it will not jump start. No, there are no obvious fuses blown.

It goes "click" like the battery is dead and then nothing else. Oh and the windshield wipers will go once.

There is nothing I did odd or shorted anything. This is way too soon for a starter seliniod to die as well.

just to keep me sane: there is 3 red wires to the POS on the stock JK right? 2 that are joined at one terminal and one other. and there is 2 NEG wires joined at one terminal. someone want to verify this for me.

help
Yes, 3 wires to positive 2 to negative. One of the positive wires is a fusible link.

Sound like a ground issue to me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes, 3 wires to positive 2 to negative. One of the positive wires is a fusible link.

Sound like a ground issue to me.
That was my first thought as well. Sound like you have a ground wire not connected.

·
Registered
401 Posts
added ANOTHER 2ga ground and taaadaaaaa..

I feel like a retard
Stuff happens, I am just glad you got it fixed.

BTW: That golden spork is awesome....

One of my most hated sargeants' favorite sayings was,

"I will gouge out your f***ing eyes with a spork if ....."

Followed by a colorful description of whatever infraction we had committed that time around. :D

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HOw about some pics of the setup.
In time :D

Stuff happens, I am just glad you got it fixed.

BTW: That golden spork is awesome....

One of my most hated sargeants' favorite sayings was,

"I will gouge out your f***ing eyes with a spork if ....."

Followed by a colorful description of whatever infraction we had committed that time around. :D
The spork is thine most holy of all eating utensils :grinpimp:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. Where did you end up mounting your rear batt?
I just made a mount to move my hellroaring isolator to the firewall which worked out pretty well. I took out the small rear seat and installed my second batt under my Engel fridge in that location but I would like to get the batt out from under that so I can lower how high the fridge sits.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Doc fabbed up beefy ammo can tub that he sunk into the floor of the rear of the tub.

If you're looking for a bolt-in solution that doesn't take up any additional space, check out my dual battery tray:

www.benchmark-designs.com

In stock an shipping.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
you don't have all your ground wires running all the way to the engine bay, do you?

if the wires are too long, they have too much resistance and won't function properly - which sounds like your problem, since it was fixed by adding another ground wire. ground wires should be kept as short as possible. a ground is a ground. they don't all have to run all the way to the negative terminal of the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you got it figured out. Where did you end up mounting your rear batt?
see my other thread

Doc fabbed up beefy ammo can tub that he sunk into the floor of the rear of the tub.

If you're looking for a bolt-in solution that doesn't take up any additional space, check out my dual battery tray:

www.benchmark-designs.com

In stock an shipping.
His stuff kicks ass if you don't want to cut/fab.

I plan on using the underhood space for OBA, but you could do it the other way around and run his kit in front and OBA in the rear.

you don't have all your ground wires running all the way to the engine bay, do you?
heck no :laughing: thats a LOT of wire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts