JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a 3.8L motor for a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited. Spun a bearing in the current motor so I'm looking for a replacement. Can be either a complete motor or short block. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
i don't wish for a major detailing and clutter up your thread but may I ask what mileage was on the original motor when it spun bearing and what your oil change interval was ? I appreciate it and hope ya locate a power plant asap! :jeep2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem about clutter. Spun the bearing at 121,000 and oil was changed at between 4500 and 5000 miles. I currently going to try a repair of crank and bearing just to see what happens...then probably replace the motor when I find a replacement at a reasonable price. My son doesn't really want a Jeep as he prefers a truck so I don't want to spend lots on a motor.

·
Registered
822 Posts
In addition to Motech, you might want to see if you can find a local (or at least closer) 4x4 shop that does hemi conversions. Any shop that does them should have 3.8 motors galore. RPM Extreme does LS conversions and is closer to you.

Maybe a call to AEV and see if they can tell you who is an authorized AEV dealer in your area. Not all AEV dealers do hemi conversions, but a lot of them do. I think there is a shop in Wilmington that does them but not really sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts