JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all;

Every year, Hatch and Maral at Safari Straps raise money to place wreaths at the gravesites of the fallen heroes at the Lancaster Memorial Cemetary.

Here is a quick note from their website:

Hatch and I wanted to share with you all a way to Honor our Fallen Heroes. Christmas time is a tradition of exchanging gifts. Remember, they gave us the ultimate gift, the gift of freedom. Wreaths Across America is an organization that takes Wreaths at Christmas time and places them on the Grave sites of our Fallen Heroes all across the United States.

We have adopted The Lancaster Cemetary in Lancaster, CA. They have over 700 Veterans graves, from our current Iraq/Afghan war, and going all the way back to the Civil War. Our goal is to see ALL the graves adorned with Wreaths. Last year with the help of so many of you, we were able to achieve that goal and want to do it again this year. See our Fan Page on Facebook for pictures of last years Wreath Laying Ceremony.

If you are local to the area, the Wreath Laying Ceremony is December 10th, 2011, we could use help at the cemetery to help lay the wreaths.

We are asking for your help in the form of donations. Each Wreath costs $15. $5 of that goes to the cemetery to support The Veterans Court in honor of our Veterans. Add a wreath to your shopping cart and we’ll do the rest.

Thank you all for your generosity.

God Bless.

Hatch & Maral

This year, the number of graves has grown to over 800 and we are a bit short, with a deadline of November 29th to raise the funds.

Please help, if you can, by either going to the site and ordering a wreath (or more than one, if you can): http://www.safaristraps.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=152

Or you can simply send money via Paypal to [email protected]. Just make sure to send it as a gift. Each wreath is $15.

Thank you for simply reading this. Feel free to pass it on.

Brian

·
Comfortably Numb
12,269 Posts
Every year me and some buddies drive over to one of the Veteran's Home's here in Louisiana. This time of the year can get pretty lonely for those who have no family and even for those that do. We just visit and bullshit with them. What Hatch and Maral are doing is great too. There are those there also that are lonely. :beer:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great cause will donate...

Every year me and some buddies drive over to one of the Veteran's Home's here in Louisiana. This time of the year can get pretty lonely for those who have no family and even for those that do. We just visit and bullshit with them. What Hatch and Maral are doing is great too. There are those there also that are lonely. :beer:[/

Hey rubi don't know part of la. you are in ,but if it is near the lafayette area I would like to come next time you do this..

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Just so everyone knows, the cutoff was yesterday. I just got an email from Maral explaining that they had to send the money in yesterday.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, the cemetary decided to cut the donations early, so all has been turned in. Hatch and Maral fronted the difference to cover everything, so if you want to call Safari Straps and see if they can take any more, go right ahead.

However, the official period for donating is now over.

Thank you all so much. I will see how many people they need next weekend and post up the location and time for the wreath hanging.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.