JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I joined today to ask a question to Wranglers drivers, as I'm considering a JKU in a few months. I'm a convertible guy, always have been, and last month someone hit and destroyed my convertible car, leaving me temporary driving hardtop car... that I hate. I need the open-top feeling of freedom a convertible gives you. I even have a motorcycle, but with a helmet on, you lose the feeling of freedom that comes with hair blowing in the wind, watching birds in the daytime or stars at night. So the question is, since JK's have a non-removable roll bar (or at least you shouldn't remove it for safety), do you still get the same open top freedom that you would with a completely roofless car? Has anyone driven both?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No convertible car can equal the feeling of a topless/doorless Jeep.

Pick a nice day, remove top and doors, then take it on a nice, scenic trail.

You will be hooked.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Helmet? Don't wear one usually. And if I do is a skid lid... No convertable or doorless jeep compares to the open road on a nice cruiser.

J

·
0 Posts
I call it the convertible. Awesome day or night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Hello everyone!

I joined today to ask a question to Wranglers drivers, as I'm considering a JKU in a few months. I'm a convertible guy, always have been, and last month someone hit and destroyed my convertible car, leaving me temporary driving hardtop car... that I hate. I need the open-top feeling of freedom a convertible gives you. I even have a motorcycle, but with a helmet on, you lose the feeling of freedom that comes with hair blowing in the wind, watching birds in the daytime or stars at night. So the question is, since JK's have a non-removable roll bar (or at least you shouldn't remove it for safety), do you still get the same open top freedom that you would with a completely roofless car? Has anyone driven both?
You would do better asking that question at wayoflife.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Neverminding the sports car vs jeep aspect, I prefer driving a doorless and side-window-less jeep. I like the open feel but with a safari top giving me shade. For much of the year my s2000 only went top down in the evening cause the sun was just too brutal.
Of course, now I get the jeep tan.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMO the experience of no top on a wrangler is a lot different then a convertible IMO atleast for me. Taking the top off atleast with a hardtop is a PITA and I'm not a fan of just removing freedom panels. So if you're going to do it, do it all the way! lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMO the experience of no top on a wrangler is a lot different then a convertible IMO atleast for me. Taking the top off atleast with a hardtop is a PITA and I'm not a fan of just removing freedom panels. So if you're going to do it, do it all the way! lol.
This is a good point. If you're a modern convertible guy you will have a much different experience in a Jeep. Putting tops on and taking off is a pain in the ass and much more than push button job. I honestly HATE putting on the top on my Unlimited. It's never easy. Labor of love I guess.

Reactions: mvjeeper
1 - 9 of 9 Posts