JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of these at various dealerships, does anyone know anything about these????

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
"moab" is the name of the stock Jeep wheels. Wrangler moab's

Only other thing I can think of is taht I have heard of dealers adding a lift and whatnot and naming them whatever they want, like Moab or Black tie eddition.

Never heard of anything other then that

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Welcome, Thats just a dealer made jeep! I have seen dealers build jeeps and have stickers made for them so it looks like an official jeep model....Seperates them from the competition when you go else where and ask for a moab jeep you might think the competing dealer is...Well..Dumb :shaking:

Jason

·
Registered
966 Posts
I thought MOAB stood for Mother of all Baskets, then again I have been drinking a bit :beer:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I've seen some on ebay. I think it's a company doing all the conversions, not sure though.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
a couple months ago I had a bit of an argument with someone on another forum about the Moab Edition Wranglers. He was insistent that it was a factory model, and I was insistent that it was a dealer model.

SO... I went poking around online and...

It looks like these are showing up at dealers specifically in AZ, UT, NV area. It appears that Moab Industries is just a customizing shop that is fixing the rigs up for the dealers (definitely nothing to do with Jeep Corporate).

Basically a standard X model with a 5" lift, 35" tires, custom wheels, and some custom paint on suspension components

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok broke down and bought one today. it rides great , only thing is they dont regear them, so speedo is WAY off. handles like a dream. so now I will have to just get it geared.

thanks for all the info

:bounce: pround new owner of a JK :bounce:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
ok broke down and bought one today. it rides great , only thing is they dont regear them, so speedo is WAY off. handles like a dream. so now I will have to just get it geared.

thanks for all the info

:bounce: pround new owner of a JK :bounce:
Congrats!

If you don't mind, How much was it? And PICS! We need PICS! :beer:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a 2007 with 17,000 miles on it and I paid $17000 for it. lift tires and wheels are brand new. will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well????? what do you think?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks good. Needs some dirt on it though. Seems like they could use a programer to fix the speedo until it gets regeared though.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Welcome, Thats just a dealer made jeep! I have seen dealers build jeeps and have stickers made for them so it looks like an official jeep model....Seperates them from the competition when you go else where and ask for a moab jeep you might think the competing dealer is...Well..Dumb :shaking:

Jason
they are just forward thinkers.... since the Rubicon Trail is in extreme risk of being shut down to some degree or the other... they are just using a good place that has less risk to rename their wranglers :D

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
they are just forward thinkers.... since the Rubicon Trail is in extreme risk of being shut down to some degree or the other... they are just using a good place that has less risk to rename their wranglers :D
LOL, I did a little research and there is no address for moab industries. In some of the photos you can see York Chrysler jeep dodge. Again my bet is this is York's program headed up by a few parts or sales guys pretty slick, I doubt they make their own lifts. I read that on Jk-forum, so it must be true.:devil:

Jason

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The local Stealer in El Paso has a few Wrangler "Trans Mountain Edition" packages that come with a 2.5" Skyjacker lift and other Mopar Doo-Dads that you can add. Definitely a cool way to set your jeep apart and show a little local flavor too. (Trans Mountain is the name of a stretch of HWY 375 here)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moab industires is located in prescott arizona. they make there own lifts. Moab is the the same as Shelby. Moab buys jeeps direct they set them up then sell them to dealers. and entire system is warranteed by Jeep. same thing Shelby does with the mustangs. Have talked to Johnny (the owner of Moab) they put out 1 jeep per week. Just so everyone knows

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Moab industires is located in prescott arizona. they make there own lifts. Moab is the the same as Shelby. Moab buys jeeps direct they set them up then sell them to dealers. and entire system is warranteed by Jeep. same thing Shelby does with the mustangs. Have talked to Johnny (the owner of Moab) they put out 1 jeep per week. Just so everyone knows
Something about this does not sound right. Chrysler does not sell direct without going through a dealership unless they are rentals then they get dropshipped. Why would they make their own lifts? Does not sound cost effective. Whats their address? I see where they are located, I like to pay them a visit.

Jason

1 - 20 of 24 Posts