JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a 2012 wrangler sport last week. Very happy with it.
Ive searched a lot of information regarding aftermarket upgrade for a double din radio, but haven`t found any conclusive response :(

things to buy?
1. double din kit ( cant find any)
2. i read something about an interface kit? i want to use everything stock from the car, event the 8¨ subwoofer.
3. what else?

thanks in advance guys
George

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You will need your headunit of choice, antenna adaper 12-22 bucks, dash kit 17-25 bucks, and the interface 100-250 bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh

You will need your headunit of choice, antenna adaper 12-22 bucks, dash kit 17-25 bucks, and the interface 100-250 bucks.
thx for info, the problem is
i cant find the number part of an interface it will work with, also the dash kit,

i already own a double din head unit :)
care to share some part numbers??? :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Mine was an 07 not sure if they differ. But I uses...
dash kit- Metra 99-6511BB (best buy)
antenna- Scosche VWA3B (abc warehouse)
interface-PAC C2R-CHY4 (abc warehouse)

I also removed the metal ring/hoop that surrounds the factory unit. This was done with out removing any more of the dash.

Little tricky but it worked out great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking at doing the same on my 08, so what needs to be removed in the dash?

also, is there a navi head unit that works off road IE topo info? i saw that the kenwoods run garmin, can you upload topos to them?

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
help

bumpp, anyone can confirm this? 2012 interface, antenna and dash kit?

2012 is the same for 2007? please help with thisss :(

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Go to the crutch field web site and plug in your vehicle. It will tell you everything you'll need to do the install.

·
Registered
269 Posts
bumpp, anyone can confirm this? 2012 interface, antenna and dash kit?

2012 is the same for 2007? please help with thisss :(
The interface I used for my 2012 with the MYGIG and infinity system is the PAC c2a-chy23. It worked great but I have since switched to an alpine pxe-h660 for more tunability.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out Crutchfield. They include all the harnesses for whatever your application may be with any headunits you buy. Their pricing isn't always the best but their support is top notch.

If you find them too pricey, check out Sonic Elextronix. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ I've never tried their tech support, but their prices are very competitive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts