JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well PepCsLJ and myself went out to Elbe. Everyone else cancelled on us. I wish I could say it was an uneventful day. That was not the case. PepCsLJ managed to find a deep mud hole that was way deeper than it appeared. Let's just say he managed to keep my jeep running which was a good thing, but he was stuck real good. Water was at the top of my 35's front marker lights. Water got to be about ankle deep inside throughout the whole tub. he managed to crawl out the driver's side window to hook up my winch and pulled myself out. Later on the trail I broke my driver's side tie rod. After jacking the rig up several times to straighten the wheel out and drive a few feet more each time I decided PepCsLJ should try to go for some help. Thankfully HE DID ran into two guys doing work for a work party and asked them for help. He had an onboard welder. About 3 hours after the tie rod broke it was repaired and moving again. Unfortunately, less than two minutes after the repair the rear driver's side wheel was hooked on a root and immediately ripped the valve stem out. Ughhhh what a day. We called it a day after that... Many thanks to Jim (Red 94 YJ) for his welding expertise and his buddy for helping us out.
This is his buddy's rig..I guess he was out at the XXX Jeep show last weekend
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/Arrizxx130/Jeep/d1eed18b.jpg

MY PICS.
http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/08yellowjeep/Elbe Hills 4-24-10/

my jeep

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hollleeee crap! What happened to the tie rod exactly? End pull out or just clean snap off?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Damn Clint! I thought that was supposed to be an easy stroll!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hollleeee crap! What happened to the tie rod exactly? End pull out or just clean snap off?
it did snap off the tie rod its self not the bar :pissed:i bumped a stump and thats all it took.
bad tie rod

fix on the trail

Damn Clint! I thought that was supposed to be an easy stroll!!
yes i know but we wanted to see what other trails we could do or not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all but my jeep is all fix and i am ready to go plat again :)
we only got to run 3 trails . mainline then water trail that flooded PepCsLJ
jeep [note to my self do not try that trail again ] and then we ran the old part of the busy wild and that one got me :pissed: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts