Votes: 40 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 JKUR and it is 1yr old with 26kmiles. so the warrenty is up at 36K I took it into the dealership for some warrenty work and went to look at the 2012. I really liked it. The sales man said he could get me into a 2012 JKUR that is the exact same as mine plus add the uconnect with dvd/nav/bluetooth. they said my payments would be exactly the same. what would you do?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In a heartbeat. My 12 Sahara cost less then I paid for my 10, $50 less a month. Granted the 6 speed helped lower that price. You couldnt pay me to go back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If finances arent a problem then YES my dad has a 2011 JKUR and I have a 2012 JKUR. I let him drive it the day after I got it and now he wants to steal mine everytime i visit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I drove both before I purchased a 2011. Yes the extra power on the highway is nice if you do a lot of driving where you need to pass on 2-lane roads. As far as in town driving, it was not a difference for me because I did not plan on using the extra power from every stoplight.
The MPG difference is not enough to justify the trade.
The 0% sealed the deal for me. This allowed me to invest my "vehicle money" in my investment portfolio thanks to the free money from Chrysler.
Also, if you find an early production 2011, they had a $600 lower base price.

I think the 3.6 is a big improvement, but not 30k of interest free money of an improvement for me.

Just my 2-cents.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
It would totally be a $ thing for me. I would pay a little extra since the trade in value later should be more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
with out a doubt! I waited 3 years for a new driveline just to buy one!

FUCK a whole bunch of the entire 3.8l driveline! Such a turd!

·
Registered
977 Posts
You have had it one year, and the payments would be the same. Do you want to extend yourself out for another year? I personally won't buy anything based on monthly amounts. But that's just me.

Just for the fun of it, lets say your monthly payments are $580 (34800 sweetheart 0 interest loan with tax, don't finance tax unless it is 0 interest). That means that you paid 6960 dollars for the pleasure of driving the 2011 for just one year. And if so, then the 2012 costs you 6960 above your 2011. If you put any mod's on yours, then just add that much more to the difference. Remove mod's if possible, every 100 you spend might get you 10 at the dealer.

I wouldn't do it, I don't think the difference is worth it. Now if they said that they could get you into one, and your payments would drop say, 50 a month on the same length loan (3000 less with above example). Well then, that would be a different story!

My vote was no. I buy used, I love you guys that buy New. Saves me lots of money!

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
All the people saying no have either 1) never driven a '12 or 2) have driven a '12 and want you to suffer with them.

For the record, thats an 08 in my avatar picture.

·
Registered
851 Posts
All the people saying no have either 1) never driven a '12 or 2) have driven a '12 and want you to suffer with them.

For the record, thats an 08 in my avatar picture.
I think they are making a lot of sense if you look at it from a purely financial perspective. If the engine is causing an emotional "I want it feeling," and that is important to the OP, then he should ignore the financial logistics and just get it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You have had it one year, and the payments would be the same. Do you want to extend yourself out for another year? I personally won't buy anything based on monthly amounts. But that's just me.

Just for the fun of it, lets say your monthly payments are $580 (34800 sweetheart 0 interest loan with tax, don't finance tax unless it is 0 interest). That means that you paid 6960 dollars for the pleasure of driving the 2011 for just one year. And if so, then the 2012 costs you 6960 above your 2011. If you put any mod's on yours, then just add that much more to the difference. Remove mod's if possible, every 100 you spend might get you 10 at the dealer.

I wouldn't do it, I don't think the difference is worth it. Now if they said that they could get you into one, and your payments would drop say, 50 a month on the same length loan (3000 less with above example). Well then, that would be a different story!

My vote was no. I buy used, I love you guys that buy New. Saves me lots of money!
Please read this closely. Don't buy cars based on payments.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I'm sorry but I wouldn't trade my 2010 in for a 2012... Even though that bright blue is sweet!

Sent via horse and buggy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts