JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I got an offer of $1200 cash and an 2007 soft top in perfect shape with 2 sets of windows (Clear and tinted) for my 2009 hard top. You think I should swap. I kinda like my hard top, but have no place to store it once it comes off so I can't take it off to enjoy this freaking awesome weather.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd do it but then again I can't see the point of owning a hard top in Florida.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I have both tops, but honestly run with my softop almost always. In the dead of winter I'll swap but that's about it.

Around here, I see hardtops go for 12 to 1500 bucks so it looks like a good offer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have both tops, but honestly run with my softop almost always. In the dead of winter I'll swap but that's about it.

Around here, I see hardtops go for 12 to 1500 bucks so it looks like a good offer.
We don't really have a dead of winter here. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
In FL?
Definitely!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
We don't really have a dead of winter here. :grinpimp:
no but for hear we would use it in the dead of summer. that's what i do anyways... because the florida sun really softens the soft top and the torrential rains are heavy and leave puddles that stretch it out. so i run my hardtop in the summer.

i think you should keep it and just buy a soft top. JMO

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then eMetal always steps in with the voice of reason. :thefinger:

Hey, did you call that person whose name I won't mention about what he talked with you about on Saturday? He really does know everybody in this town with as long as he has been here. I can give you his mobile if you want.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do it!!! Quickly before the other guy comes to his senses!

$1200 bucks buys some nice mods!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I just hijacked my own thread.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Then eMetal always steps in with the voice of reason. :thefinger:

Hey, did you call that person whose name I won't mention about what he talked with you about on Saturday? He really does know everybody in this town with as long as he has been here. I can give you his mobile if you want.
:bounce::bounce::bounce: OH YEAH! I forgot about that! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do it!!! Quickly before the other guy comes to his senses!

$1200 bucks buys some nice mods!
Yeah, i was thinking EVO Fender Flares. :)

Then I can sell my xenons and get a powertank. I got more questions about those xenons than anything else on my Jeep this weekend at the show.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Okay, so I got an offer of $1200 cash and an 2007 soft top in perfect shape with 2 sets of windows (Clear and tinted) for my 2009 hard top. You think I should swap. I kinda like my hard top, but have no place to store it once it comes off so I can't take it off to enjoy this freaking awesome weather.
yeah you should do it, you're nuts if you dont, well actually you're nuts anyhow :thefinger::grinpimp:

I had both, traded my hardtop for soft top, straight up, though it did have a slight crack on the bottom rear corner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah you should do it, you're nuts if you dont, well actually you're nuts anyhow :thefinger::grinpimp:
You know, judging from some of the photos I have seen of your jeep and water, I am not sure that I am as nuts as you. :thefinger:

I have to say though, that one where the water is splashing up on your windshield is probably my favorite jeep action shot of all times. Just totally bad a$$.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I run the full soft top for the rain and pouddles and the half top with the windjammer and tonneau most of the time. I also have a Skidrow top bow and will be getting their tonneau bow so that those puddles are a thing of the past. I do not have a place I could store the hard top if I had one, but I bought my JK to primarily run on the beach and have the top down. Now on the other hand if you are like DJing on weekends and hauling a bunch of electronics I would stick with the hard top:D

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had a chance to trade my Hard Top and I'm glad I didn't. I thinks its easier for me to buy a Soft Top than it would be to Buy a Hard Top. I agree with E-Metal regarding the pouring rains in Florida. Just My 2 Cents

1 - 20 of 24 Posts