JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum, we were talking about Jeep having to carry the rest of the Fiat stable of brands. Jeep pretty much keeps the rest of their stuff afloat. They're trying to make more cars that appeal to the European/Asian markets - which aren't driving Wranglers.

So I had to ask, would Jeep be better off as an American brand? Would it be better if Fiat sold Jeep to an American owner who was more in touch with the off-roader community in the US?

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
Fiat is pretty successful in Europe or they wouldn't have bought Jeep from Daimler/Chrysler. Jeep/Chrysler were owned by Americans and how'd that work out?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
On another forum, we were talking about Jeep having to carry the rest of the Fiat stable of brands. Jeep pretty much keeps the rest of their stuff afloat. They're trying to make more cars that appeal to the European/Asian markets - which aren't driving Wranglers.

So I had to ask, would Jeep be better off as an American brand? Would it be better if Fiat sold Jeep to an American owner who was more in touch with the off-roader community in the US?
I was not aware that Jeep was keeping Fiat afloat. It would be cool if trump bought jeep because then Jeep could tell CAFE/EPA/DOT to stick it up there ass and we could get what the hell ever we wanted big HEMI's and Diesels with 37" tires and Dana 60's right from the factory.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts

What forum ? and why do you think that Jeep keeps Fiat afloat ??? I think you are basing these claims without consideration of the world economy (there are other countries besides America, and in a lot of those countries Jeeps are useless gas guzzling shit boxes )

·
Registered
663 Posts
uh there is no longer (for quite a long time) such thing as a and automobile "American Brand"...that said, Jeep is not the cash cow for Fiat. Jeep honestly needs a big name brand to support its strength and continue muscle on the global market, without that strong backing it would take a lot to keep the jeep brand from doom (sadly).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What forum ? and why do you think that Jeep keeps Fiat afloat ??? I think you are basing these claims without consideration of the world economy (there are other countries besides America, and in a lot of those countries Jeeps are useless gas guzzling shit boxes )
JK-Forum.com.

As for FCA's problems, it's in any news you read about the company. Marchionne has been begging for a merger to bail them out for the better part of a year. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-08-31/can-fiat-chrysler-scare-gm-into-a-merger-

They're the only major car company carrying the kind of debt they have and Jeep sales (if you look at their financials) are the only thing saving their a$$ right now.

They're spinning out Ferrari, to try to pay off some debt in order to make the company more attractive for an acquisition.

·
Registered
663 Posts
True, because American car companies have not had a bail out in a loooong time ;) Honestly there is no such thing as an American, or Italian, or Swedish car company anymore. Al of the major manufacturers are multi nationals.

You can be as passionate for a car brand (I know I will always love Jeeps), as you want. I will keep on supporting Jeep and their products for a long time to come, no matter who owns it as long as they do not screw us up :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts