JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing that really bugs me about my JK is that the arm rests are really poorly designed. They are too low, too narrow and never fail to make my arm go numb. This goes for the arm rest on the doors and on the center console. I bought one of those "Armrestler" things that goes into the door in the window slot. That thing is a POS, too. Anyone running one of those Misch arm rests? It looks like it too would be in a bad place and too low.

It's a minor complaint, but I think they could have designed the door pannel better.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I agree with you. When I first got my jeep it was one of my biggest complaints on the interior. I was really uncomfortable and I was going to get some aftermarket arem rests.

But, then suddenly somewhere along the line I got used to it and I am actually comfortable now and it dosn't bother me. not sure what changed though, lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have 5K on it now. Sure hope the change comes soon!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Could add this to the worst accessories thread...as far as arm rests go, I've been eyeing the Quadratec ones...only issue I have is with the logo...

·
Registered
749 Posts
The only thing that really bugs me about my JK is that the arm rests are really poorly designed. They are too low, too narrow and never fail to make my arm go numb. This goes for the arm rest on the doors and on the center console. I bought one of those "Armrestler" things that goes into the door in the window slot. That thing is a POS, too. Anyone running one of those Misch arm rests? It looks like it too would be in a bad place and too low.

It's a minor complaint, but I think they could have designed the door pannel better.
I use thje Quadratec center console arm rest, but movewd it foroward about 2" works great....I also use the Misch but put a 3/4" spacer on my side to raise it up....perfect for me...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to try the Misch arm rests, but that is a lot of money to blow if I dont like them. I did not know that they could be raised, so that makes them a little worth another look. Do they come with the spacers or do I need to supply my own? The pad for the center console looks like it would be worth the money, though I am not crazy about the Quadrotech logo on there either. It's not a deal breaker, though. Isnt there another maker of a pad that has no markings? I seem to remember one somewhere.

·
Registered
294 Posts
my problem with the arm rests is its just not long enough, I end up keeping my window down and driving with my right hand because thats the only comfortable way...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do the same thing when I am driving around town. Windows down, arm out, drive with right hand. Unfortunately, 85% of my driving is on the freeway to and from work. I would really like to get some factory 1/2 doors and run a bikini top. Even though it gets hotter than hell here in the summer, I would run that way until it started getting cold again. Those doors look like they would be comfortable.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Those doors look like they would be comfortable.

I can vouch that they are indeed comfortable. I had the pleasure of riding in AlecW's Jeep. I am sure you have seen some pics of it on here. It is a very nice rig. He has the half doors. They are the perfect height and a nice smooth surface to lay your arm on.

If it wasn't for the zip out windows I would have gotten some. I always like to have my window down when I drive. Maybe I am weird that way but even having it cracked feels better to me. I would be driven nuts having the plastic window hanging inside...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am with you there. I would have seriously considered the 1/2 doors if they were like the ones I had on my Defender. It had a top half that bolted on and back/forth sliding windows. 1/2 doors like that and a hard top would be the ultimate set up for me. Best of both worlds.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I am with you there. I would have seriously considered the 1/2 doors if they were like the ones I had on my Defender. It had a top half that bolted on and back/forth sliding windows. 1/2 doors like that and a hard top would be the ultimate set up for me. Best of both worlds.
I hear Bestop has sliding windows for the half doors in the works...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I hear Bestop has sliding windows for the half doors in the works...
I hear that too...but they have more functional and more wanted accessories that need to be manufactured first, like the Humjob hood applique, and their retractable side steps, and their overpriced and goofy bumpers (all the rage...haven't seen one yet on any modified JK from Norfolk to Raleigh to Richmond to Bangor:stirthepot::mad:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best Top lost a lot of credibility with me when they came out with that fake hood vent. What a waste of time, money and petroleum. I am leery of buying one of their bikini tops for my JK because I have heard that the design is not very good. If they want to be thought of as a serious company for off road stuff, they should worry more about function than looks. Especially if it is a part that has no purpose other than to "look cool."

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Same here...I don't trust them anymore...the only thing that can fix 'em is for the company to file bankruptcy, and let someone who knows what Jeepers want to take over and start from scratch...the company was great around 2001, but has gone down hill since...worse yet, they have completely dropped the ball when it comes to the JK...clueless, to say the least.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wait, you're telling me there are arm rests in the wrangler? :laughing:

I've yet to find any! I just roll my window down and put my arm on the sill.

Although, I have found that since I keep my seat up pretty high (like to see the looks on the faces of small animals and children before I run them over =) the window sill seems to work for my elbow w/ the window up.

!c

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use my window sill when it is not too damn hot. I try not to get all sweaty before I get to work, so the AC is on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You sure know how to hurt a guy!:bawling::thefinger::smokin:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would like to try the Misch arm rests, but that is a lot of money to blow if I dont like them. I did not know that they could be raised, so that makes them a little worth another look. Do they come with the spacers or do I need to supply my own? The pad for the center console looks like it would be worth the money, though I am not crazy about the Quadrotech logo on there either. It's not a deal breaker, though. Isnt there another maker of a pad that has no markings? I seem to remember one somewhere.
I have the Misch armrests. They work OK, a lot better than what's in there already. I have, however, found out the logo in them irritates the crap out of my elbow, lots of sharp edges. I am in the process of having them covered (and making them bigger), I'll post up some pics when they're done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts