JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
I've been wanting to look less mall crawlerish so I've taken to surfing Craigslist for rails. Friday I nailed a set of Unlimited Rubi Rails someone removed to up steps on his wife's mall crawler. I got them for $100. They are brand new!!!

So I promptly put a Craigslist add out for my Sahara steps. Less than 24 hours later they were sold for $150.

I got paid $50 to upgrade to Rock Rails!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Nice! Go to lowes and get some ~3/4" weather stripping (near garage seals/weatherstripping) and put that in-between the tub and slider. It will keep small pebbles from accumulating there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice! Go to lowes and get some ~3/4" weather stripping (near garage seals/weatherstripping) and put that in-between the tub and slider. It will keep small pebbles from accumulating there.
^Good call! I should have thought of that...those little pebbles can be a pain to get out sometimes..

and nice score to the OP!! I ended up giving my steps away, but they weren't exactly pristine condition.. Nice work!

Sent via smoke signal

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was considering adding rocker armor to really kick the mall crawler off my baby. The weather stripping may be a nice alternative till my bank account recovers from christmas.

Sahara steps have been on her 6 months too long.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Dang, wish I 'got paid' for a mod! Great deal for ya man!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I did that back in '96 with my Mustang. Bought my '92 five-liter Mustang with 26,000 miles for $3,300 (it was a repo and I got it for a steal at the auction, 1/3 blue book). And then I sold my '91 4-banger Mustang with 93,000 miles for $3500.

Made $200 to go from a 4cyl to a V-8 that was a year newer with 60,000 less miles. Win! Still own that car, has almost 210K on it now.

~SoCo

·
Registered
882 Posts
I did that back in '96 with my Mustang. Bought my '92 five-liter Mustang with 26,000 miles for $3,300 (it was a repo and I got it for a steal at the auction, 1/3 blue book). And then I sold my '91 4-banger Mustang with 93,000 miles for $3500.

Made $200 to go from a 4cyl to a V-8 that was a year newer with 60,000 less miles. Win! Still own that car, has almost 210K on it now.

~SoCo
Now thats a SCORE!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Now just add ACE rails and you're set!

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
That's a score! Congrats, looks better. :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.