JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching for 1/2 doors on eBay I found a 2009 Deep Water Blue Rubi at a local dealer ... not the one I bought my Jeep from.

I sent them an email asking if they would be intersted in swapping my full doors for the factory 1/2 doors on the RUbi.. The saleman called me and said no problem come on down.

We swapped the doors in the lot - no charge!... but I had to pay 1 hour labor in the service department for swapping the locks cylinders.

And why did jeep put the VIN on the door and not the Jam!

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
And why did jeep put the VIN on the door and not the Jam!
Nice! That makes me curious to shoot some emails around myself. I could see dealers being interested considering full dorrs appeal to more customers'

anyway, the vin is on everything. It is also on the door in case they get stolen

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! That makes me curious to shoot some emails around myself. I could see dealers being interested considering full dorrs appeal to more customers'

anyway, the vin is on everything. It is also on the door in case they get stolen
I mean the sticker with the VIN and barcode. NOw everytime I go for service I have to tell them not to scan the VIN off the door it is wrong. I stick some tape over it or something ....

As far as luck ... definitely. I never in a million years suspected the dealer would go for it!

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I mean the sticker with the VIN and barcode. NOw everytime I go for service I have to tell them not to scan the VIN off the door it is wrong. I stick some tape over it or something ....

!
oh, got ya. you are right, that doesn't make much since

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
thats where I got my used half door Rubicon from... They have some pretty bad reviews and quite a few BBB complaints but I didn't have much problem with them. Whoever traded in the Jeep I have said they hated the half doors due to noise... So maybe for a jeep thats been on the lot awhile a dealer might look at a door trade

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nice score!

But call me greedy.. I want both full AND half doors in my garage.
That's how I'd have my JK.................. if I had one.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
ingenious...good job...:grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I hope the dealership tells the future buyer of that jeep that it has used doors on it.

If not, I can see a possible law suite coming on.

EDIT - Nevermind, i saw it was a used jeep to beging with.

·
Registered
132 Posts
They put the barcodes and VIN info on the doors as well as the body since they are painted separately in the paint shop. When they come out to the assy line they are still in the same vehicle order, but if something happens they need to make sure the right doors go with the right vehicle.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK ... i've finally been able to get some pics of the new half doors installed!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts