JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
saw this on "another" site...wonder if woody is gonna' give the jk owners here the same opportunity to road test his prototype which purportedly will go for less than $300.00 once in production?

View attachment 1756

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
saw this on "another" site...wonder if woody is gonna' give the jk owners here the same opportunity to road test his prototype which purportedly will go for less than $300.00 once in production?
ABSOLUTELY!... Thanks for posting that up.

Some details:
- Basic open top stubby bumper with semi-closed ends
- Accessory light tabs are the green tabs at the top of the pic
- Fog light provisions will be an option that I'll make available at a later date
- Stock tow hooks will be used
- Not sure if I'm going to do weld on or bolt on d-ring mounts yet. The d-ring mounts would be a cool looking set of bolt-ons. I like the look of the d-ring mounts that are on the King Rubicon.

The pic above is a little deceiving, because everything will be radius bent.

I don't have all of the details yet, but I'm planning on a large testing group/initial order. I'd like to get these fitted on 10 - 20 JK,s, just to double check all the bolt patterns. I'll offer a good discount for buyers on this initial purchase. I hope to have a prototype within a couple weeks. When I have pics, I'll start another thread about the beta program.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Is there a skid or protection for the sway bar disco? I have been looking for a baick steel bumper. This looks promising.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Is there a skid or protection for the sway bar disco? I have been looking for a baick steel bumper. This looks promising.
I don't have it finished yet, but there will be. The bumper is designed to have the swaybar motor, rotated up. It's the only bumper that I know of that lets you do this. Not that I've checked this on very many bumpers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
That looks interesting. Though this reminded me I need to go order a stabilizer bracket, though you don't take paypal...hmmm

Ron

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can one continue to use the Skidrow front skid which only protects the cross member?

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Can one continue to use the Skidrow front skid which only protects the cross member?
I'm not sure. If you choose to not cut the cross-member off and it attached only to the cross-member, then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I'll have to do some digging on this one.

·
14ers
479 Posts
That looks interesting. Though this reminded me I need to go order a stabilizer bracket, though you don't take paypal...hmmm

Ron
Have you tried the google pay he's using? Looks to be just as secure and even a doof like me can figure it out. Plus, if you're looknig for points, use a CC with point built in. Personally, I like to use my REI card for stuff like this because it gets me more outdoor stuff it I want :bounce::grinpimp:

·
14ers
479 Posts
Brett,
I'd like to be kept in mind on the proto gig. I liked your evap relocate, tailgate prop and muffler relocate (even tho I haven't finished the muffler yet) kits and it looks to me like you will turn out a good solution to the $500 suitors. It's my 1st Jeep and so far it's been awesome! I totally dig the aftermarket proliferation and it's even better when you find good products for a great price from a hassle free vendor.

Keep up the good work, bro!

·
Registered
411 Posts
i said it before and say it again; line-x would be way cool!!! and line-x extreme as an option. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
I don't have it finished yet, but there will be. The bumper is designed to have the swaybar motor, rotated up. It's the only bumper that I know of that lets you do this. Not that I've checked this on very many bumpers.
Kilby's does that too :)

but yours will be priced a couple of million dollars cheaper then Kilby's is :)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure. If you choose to not cut the cross-member off and it attached only to the cross-member, then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I'll have to do some digging on this one.

Why would one want to cut off the cross member...looks to me like it contributes to the structural integrity of the JK?

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Why would one want to cut off the cross member...looks to me like it contributes to the structural integrity of the JK?
My personal opinion, is that the cross member is there for protection only. However this bumper will bolt to the same supports and since they are shorter, there should be more support by adding the bumper. Cutting it off is an option though. The bumper will work without cutting it off.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
Wanted to send an update (or lack there of), in case anybody is interested.

I'm still battling with my production manager about getting the prototype done. I had hoped to have it finished a couple weeks ago, so I've given up on making any more predictions. I don't want anybody to think that this has fallen by the wayside.

:thefinger: the production manager

:pissed:

·
Registered
411 Posts
i say screw the factory fogs but give me winch mount and some beefy d-ring shackles! :p

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I would also consider the proto-type bumper with the Fog light provisions that will be an option. I reaaly want to retain the stock fogs...
Not upon initial release, but soon after I'll have a fog light solution. The fogs will either be removable (mounted under the bumper in an enclosure), or will swing back and out of the way. So this will be an option.

i say screw the factory fogs but give me winch mount and some beefy d-ring shackles! :p
I'm with ya bro. I've used my fog lights, once in the last year and a half.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts