JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pretty much how mine snowballed. Good luck and keep us updated. Btw, I’d go 6.0 over 5.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going 5.3 just cause I got a sweet hookup on one with low miles from a buddy, plus I’ve seen a few built up with turbos and they fricken rip.

I haven’t even really started to google yet on what to run for tcase other than an atlas behind it, What’s everyone’s opinions?

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Look into a Hero 2 or 3 speed. Trailworthy Fab makes them. Maybe @dooky will chime in with all the particulars. I went with the 3 speed so I'd have 2.78 and 4.33 ratios. It's shorter than the Atlas 4 speed too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gears and fusion4x4 steering finally showed up. Also picked up the donor truck last night. Slapped some safety glasses on and drove it the mile home. Might have been a few burn outs along the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yanked out 90% of the jk wiring. And pulled the donor motor over the weekend.

Quite nerve racking not gunna lie. But no going back now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yanked out 90% of the jk wiring. And pulled the donor motor over the weekend.

Quite nerve racking not gunna lie. But no going back now.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Why only 90%? :thefinger:

You all make it tempting. I have no clue on motor swaps, but its always fun to watch these threads. The HP out of LS's is nice, but the torque from a diesel. Diesel may not be a good choice for Alaska though.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I dig it. Be interesting to see what you need for the wiring

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Why only 90%? :thefinger:

You all make it tempting. I have no clue on motor swaps, but its always fun to watch these threads. The HP out of LS's is nice, but the torque from a diesel. Diesel may not be a good choice for Alaska though.

I honestly thought about doing the new r2.8. But I can find a 5.3 and tranny to go with it all day long for cheap. Vs the 7g minimum for it. But I also like mud flying along with an extremely heavy right foot. So figured why not a ls. Seems easy enough. The wiring for the creature comforts makes up the 10% of unsureness but I’ll get it figured out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You could not have a better choice of windshield stickers for all your pic posts-"Shit Happens" - the meme creates itself :)

nice build!

It fits. Plus I drive a jk like it’s a xj. I need to make another one made after ripping it off for trying to get the warranty work to happen

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Been awhile now but I’ve got the 5.3 and the 4l60e in its forever home. Pushed my front axle forward 4” and decided to go full hydro.
Progress has been slow to little with the holidays. But it’s coming along. Also got my axles back from being geared after a month or so. Still need to find a 241c

·
Registered
5 Posts
Punchlikeaflea, it looks great even without a lift kit. By the way, when I was trying to modify a lift kit of my truck, which was registered to my company , first of all I've tried AIR LIFT series rear air spring kit, and it's awesome! I forgot about rough ride or squatting or understatement, no joke.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
10,000 1 post spammers in the last couple months

·
Registered
749 Posts
10,000 1 post spammers in the last couple months

Just wait 'till it gets closer to the election , I'm sure that we are going to have a little fun.
By the time we see Nov. there will be a Mod here that will get plenty tired of banning spammers , and we will get to wear out the report button also .>:)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts