JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Rubicon and will not start. I have replaced the battery and alternator previous to this problem. I had a slow load drain that eventually killed the alternator and then the:shaking battery. I did a volt meter test and pulled fuses unable to find problem. 2 days later I went to start the jeep and it wouldn't even crank. Turned key and..... nothing. All the lights, radio, etc work fine. Starter seems to be fine. I took it to a local shop and they cannot track down the problem. They think it's a computer problem. PLEASE HELP!!!:shaking:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I have a 2007 Rubicon and will not start. I have replaced the battery and alternator previous to this problem. I had a slow load drain that eventually killed the alternator and then the:shaking battery. I did a volt meter test and pulled fuses unable to find problem. 2 days later I went to start the jeep and it wouldn't even crank. Turned key and..... nothing. All the lights, radio, etc work fine. Starter seems to be fine. I took it to a local shop and they cannot track down the problem. They think it's a computer problem. PLEASE HELP!!!:shaking:
If you have all other power, and a quick click, leave the key on and cycle the shifter. Turn off and try again.
Will have video by lunchtime...

Edit: Long day at work, sorry:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I haven't tried the shifter yet. Working on a list of possible problems. What worked for me once was to pull the j13 fuse for a few seconds and replace it then it starts fine. Next time I have this problem I'll try the shifter. Then the swaybar then whatever else to narrow down the problem.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mine did this in Walgreens parking lot when it was negative witches tits cold outside. IT was the WCM (Wireless Control Module) that reads the key programming. These have been known to go out when it is cold outside. Check that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts