JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lifted my jeep 2 1/2 teraflex springs...and one inch body. My tires rub lower control and sway bar on left side...but not on right. I did measure of shift to left...less than half inch (left to right). Steering wheel is barely off to left. I know to fix this will take a track bar, BUT will it hurt the jeep in any way to leave alone? Its not pulling, or running down road weird. Will it hurt any components on jeep. I placed a washer on right side to keep from rubbing. To fix or not? I am looking at metal cloak if I need too...but spending money for cosmetics is not in budget right now.

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)

·
Super Moderator
6,222 Posts
did you index the upgraded coilsprings and by that I mean are they seated into the respective spring perch "niche" for the butt end of the coil spring? Also, did you upgrade the swaybar endlinks? If you've mounted those to wrong side or something it could rub,maybe. You also didn't mention tire siZe.

Can you see how a picture is more valuable than a thousand of these words in this context?

Use of an online, web based image repository such as imgur, Photobucket or Flickr can allow you to post URLs for images you've stashed there to make helpful suggestions far more applicable to your efforts to troubleshoot by way of information from a forum, fwiw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes perched and double checked...end links to sway bar? Got me there! I have to look that upgrade Up! Tires are 34.5 18s...

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhh yeah...I have disconnects...if that is what u mean...teraflex...but I have the Rubicon... It has auto...but from what I researched....I need a backup plan BC they get water in them easy and quit working. I put the two inch teraflex disconnects on it....

GodsRedneck(0lllllll0)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts