JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Jeep Grand Cherokee WK (2005-2010) uses a similar receiver hitch as the JK. It simply bolts on to the existing crossmember.
I would like to add a receiver to my WK, so I was hoping and wishing that the JK receiver that I have laying around would bolt right up.... NOT.:pissed:

I have found several receivers for the WK, but they're all around $100-$150. I want one that bolts to the crossmember like the JK one, and I'll get the bumper bezel from Mopar. I DO NOT want the one that hangs out under the bumper.

I know this is a long shot, being a JK forum, but if anybody has a WK one, or knows where I can get one for under a hundo... I would greatly appreciate it. A used take-off would be sweet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
For what's it's worth, I purchased the actual Mopar one from a dealership about two years ago and it only retailed for like $99 if I remember right. Then they give organized clubs (jeeps clubs, car clubs, etc) a discount so I had it out the door for like 80 ish.

The bezel is another 30 ish and the wiring is another 80 ish though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
etrailer.com has several for under $100, and the wiring for $25. I've used them for XJ products before...and got a cargo rack from them. Definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
etrailer.com has several for under $100, and the wiring for $25. I've used them for XJ products before...and got a cargo rack from them. Definitely recommend them.
Thanks. I've had good experiences with etrailer also.:)
But all the ones they list are only up to 5,000lb cpacity (without distribution bars) because they are spaced down to hang out under the bumper, so there is more leverage on the crossmember.
The Mopar one is 7,200lb capacity since the receiver is directly below the crossmember. That's why you need to cut the bumper plastic and install the factory hitch bezel. That's what I prefer, and I like the factory bezel look.
If I don't find one, I may have to just get one from Mopar. Just hoping somebody has a take-off or something.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
He's a parts manager at a dealership. He usually gives great deals to JKO.

I just found this beauty for my mom, but you can't have the hitch or the Hemi. :thefinger:

Already got the Hemi. That's why I need a hitch!:D
And your mom can't have my lift or my 33's. :thefinger:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts