JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The directions say to splice into the "highbeam" wire on the headlights. Why is this and is it absolutely necessary. If so, can someone tell me what wire is the highbeam wire? I'm going to finish this tonight and the info as quickly as possible would be appreciated!
They are using the high beam hot wire to trigger the relay and turn on the driving lights. You could use another hot source and a switch to accomplish the same thing. That way you could use the driving lights with or without the high beam.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Alot of kits have you tie into the high beam because in most states it is illegal to run high beams and auxilary lights at the same time.This is why stock fogs turn off when you turn on your high beams. I think PA was one of those states. I know NJ was when I lived up there.

HTH
Jeremey

·
Registered
956 Posts
When Lou and I wired mine, we did not splice into anything. We connected direct to the battery, and have a nice day.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:grinpimp: I didn't go to the headlight wiring either, is just aux sw. pnl/battery/relay and you can turn emon, when you want (same with the rear lights)

You want individual light control anyway !!!

:D:jeep2: JIMBO

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine gets power from battery but switch/relay is tapped into highbeam.So they only come on with high beam but I can turn off each bumper or windshield lights individualy. The same with aux reverse lights relay tapped into factory reverse lights.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after 2 hours of messing with the lights last night, without getting them to work, I gave up. This morning at work after all the usual morning routines, I gave it another shot... Instead of powering the relay from the headlight wire, I wrapped it on the pos battery terminal and...voila! On they turned!!!

My guess is that stupid side by side wire tap wasn't making good contact with one of the wires.

Thanks to all that posted!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
good to hear man, and i will confirm in jersey you cant have the aux and driving lights on at the same time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts