1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
243 Posts
The $45 one is for a 7 pin trailer connector, the other one is a 4 pin. If you have a trailer with electric brakes you'll need the 7 pin one, any other trailer will use the 4 pin one...

·
Registered
243 Posts
My bad, I didn't look closely enough... I went with the $19 one & it's fine, anything with MOPAR on it is 2x the price I guess... I saw the higher price & the fancy wire looms & thought it was the 7 way connector...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The MOPAR one is OEM. It's what I bought. The wiring is pre-loomed, has hangars that attach to the frame and is the right length. It is plug and play.

The hidden hitch you will have to route and tie off yourself. But I don't have anything that makes believe it will work any worse than the OEM.

You pay your money and take your pick. I simply went MOPAR because I knew it was going to work.

(BTW the MOPAR is 4-Pin not 7-pin.)

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
443 Posts
you can also get the 4 pin one and then if you need a 7 pin later, they make an attachment that will give you the extra pins and functions. Saw it online somewhere so I know its gotta be out there.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you can also get the 4 pin one and then if you need a 7 pin later, they make an attachment that will give you the extra pins and functions. Saw it online somewhere so I know its gotta be out there.
The 4 wire(vehicle) to 7 wire (trailer) adapter is Hopkins #47205 you can find them at just about any decent auto store.

I still had the package for mine I bought two wks ago to borrow my neighbor's trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts