JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new rear bumper with led lights. It came with a wire harness I thought it was strait forward. It had a red wire to connect to the power for reverse lights. 2 grounds and another red for constant power. There is a switch between the relay and the constant power.After wiring it up. The lights don't work unless you have the switch on and the jeep in reverse. Any help on what I did wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Which bumper did you get?

I assume you want to be able to turn them on with the switch at any time, and also have them automatically come on in reverse?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Hey, Welcome to JKO.

I think there is a wiring diagram on JKO that shows how to do that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can you send pic of wiring? Switch on constant power line have a fuse on it?

In order to have reverse come on with reverse OR on command you’d theoretically need 2 relays...But you could move that switch to the “trigger” wire for relay (pin 86). *It does need to be fused!

I’m assuming there’s 2 red and 2 black and if you hook each up to a battery direct, it should fire. One circuit should be able to rely on reverse power, because that’s already a fused line with a relay. The on-demand circuit needs its own relay for longevity reasons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone who joined in. I did figure it out. The manu sent out the wrong relay. The bumper was an EAG. Sorry it took me so long to post. I am new to the site and the app kept crashing on me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts