JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help... I am looking for a power source that cuts off when the high beams come on, so that I can wire aftermarket fog lights to it. It is a requirement to pass state inspection to have the fog lights turn off when you turn on your high beams and if you could give me the color and location that would be great! I have the factory fogs, and I will be using this power lead into a relay. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I need help... I am looking for a power source that cuts off when the high beams come on, so that I can wire aftermarket fog lights to it. It is a requirement to pass state inspection to have the fog lights turn off when you turn on your high beams and if you could give me the color and location that would be great! I have the factory fogs, and I will be using this power lead into a relay. Thanks in advance!!
When I mounted my Hella on my Stubby, I used one of the Factory Fog hot wires(under bumper) to my Relay #87 pin, then when I use my factory light switch & switch high beam they turn off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great, i'll go out and give it a try. Do you know the color of the hot wire coming from the factory fogs??

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds great, i'll go out and give it a try. Do you know the color of the hot wire coming from the factory fogs??
Correction,,run the wire from one of the Factory Fogs to #85....sorry ,,not 87

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I got out my wiring diagram right as you said that and that's what I figured you mean't... wouldn't have worked if I did that :D Do you know the color of the hot wire?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Haha, I got out my wiring diagram right as you said that and that's what I figured you mean't... wouldn't have worked if I did that :D Do you know the color of the hot wire?
You only have 2 wires at the fogs,, black & I think yellow/blue, it's easy, not the Black, it's the ground. That's the one that goes to #85 that will trigger yours lights from your factory light switch. Just run the rest like the diragram. Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok..slow down please. i'm trying to wire up a set of JK fogs..explain the diagram and what i need to do a little slower and in non-electrician english please.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Guys help me out here i hit a deer and wasted my front! So i put it all back BETTER then new HIGHROCK front and PIAA Fog/Driving lights. Can i use my stock harness some how? I know you cant jump them they just come on and go off! I would owe you guys big time!

·
Registered
314 Posts
If the factory harness does not supply enough power to power the lights then wire in a relay. It will use the signal from the fog light switch but run a seperate wire to power the lights themselves. Should be able to pick up a relay at any autoparts store. 20A should be enough. Don't forget about the inline fuse on the wire coming directly from the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts