JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
for the relay or the actual light power? If for the power, I would assume you would want to run it straight to the battery. However, if the lighter is unused it would be the same as wireing straight to the fuse box...just not as clean. I would recomend at least goin to the fuse box to keep it a clean install

·
Registered
144 Posts
How many Amps will your spot light draw? You might want to go straight to the batteery with a larger Fuse in line.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
How many Amps will your spot light draw? You might want to go straight to the batteery with a larger Fuse in line.
it might take a while before you get an answer since dude is in the band

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can I just tap into the wires (for a spotlight) and will it mess up anything? Thanks!!
There are a lot of spotlights that you can plug into the cig lighter. So tapping one in perminant probably would not hurt. However, that system is designed for temporary use and not perminant. If you look clodsely at the wires that you will be tapping into. You will see that they look verry small for what they are doing. This is a good indication of a temporary use circuit. So, I personaly would not recomend using the cig circuit in that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts