JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from one local car audio shop and best buy, best buy was the cheapest at $105 for the dash kit($20), wiring kit($15), and some module thing($70). does anyone know if this module thing is really needed. all i want to do is replace the factory deck with my after market from my blazer. any have any expierence down this road. i do plan on replacing all the speakers at some point. so worst case i will just wait and run the speaker line directly to the aftermarket deck and tap into the power, ground, and remote lines to make the deck work, i can't imagine having to pay an extra $70 for this module thingy. not to mention crutchfield has not mention of this extra piece. anyway if anyone has any info on this area it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
well you could just skip the module if you dont need to interface with the infintiy system and you dont need a speed sensor wire.. thats really what it gives you.. if you are just hooking up a simple non nav cd/dvd player and dont mind cutting a few wires, just like you said skip it and wire it directly power/ground/speakers and you will be good to go... just buy the face plate for the unit so it looks nice in the dash and save your 70 bucks ! good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.