JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a PAC adapter or something that I can use to wire an amp into my stereo system to run the stock speakers (or least stock speaker locations)?

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have one i can sell ya for $25 shipped, i used it in my truck.
Tell me that is the JL Cleansweep and I'll take it. If you are referring to the PAC product then nevermind. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
I took it to a stereo shop and they just installed a line converter or something like that (25 bucks IIRC) and hooked the amp up to the stock system. I have a 4 channel amp and was going to do the dash and soundbar speakers and replace the stockers but the stero shop steered me away from that saying that they have done that with a couple of Jeeps and nobody has been happy with the sound. They suggested I buy a cheap 10" sub, amplify and replace the soundbar speakers and bridge the amp for the sub in the back. A quick release to get the sub out if needed is perfect.
This thing sounds SOOOOO much better!!! I put Fosgates in the soundbar and it sounds like I spent some dough on a system. The top off will not be anywhere near as good but still a lot better than stock!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
A little side note for anyone else who reads this and wants to ad an amp in the future - pick an amp that has high/low level balanced inputs and you can just parallel the signal from your head unit on each speaker channel with virtually no sound loss and just go high level into the said amplifier without any adapters on the speaker level side. Most amps can handle close to 50 watts on the speaker level side with no adapter needed and the factory radio isn't pushing anywhere near that unless you have the Infnity. Just an FYI.

Also, I stumbled across this for the JK owners, you JKU owners don't have space problems.

http://www.kicker.com/BassStation

The 10" is almost ideal in size for the small area behind the rear seat in the JK and it has a molex plug for power and signal so it can be unplugged and removed easily, and requires no remote turn on from a head unit because it will sense incoming signal and shut off when no signal is detected. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I used a line level converter with a PAX harness to make a plug and play system to run my Alpine PDX Amp that drives my Polk Components in the front and Polks in the soundbar. It sounds awesome.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I used a line level converter with a PAX harness to make a plug and play system to run my Alpine PDX Amp that drives my Polk Components in the front and Polks in the soundbar. It sounds awesome.
Do u have the pdx5? If does it fit in the factory amp location?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts