JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem retarded, but I always went to the local auto parts store and got whatever wiper blades. I was wondering if there's a certain type that people swear by, that handle just about everything. My original ones are starting to leave streaks and not cleaning the windsheild like they should, and its about time I replace them. Any suggestions? 2011 Wrangler Sport.

· Banned
7,451 Posts
This may seem retarded, but I always went to the local auto parts store and got whatever wiper blades. I was wondering if there's a certain type that people swear by, that handle just about everything. My original ones are starting to leave streaks and not cleaning the windsheild like they should, and its about time I replace them. Any suggestions? 2011 Wrangler Sport.
You're absolutely right. It certainly does seem a little retarded to post a wiper blade question in modified tech.:cwm13:

That said...

Go with the rainx blades. They have an anti streak compound embedded in the rubber that will help water head up on the windshield. Couple that with a treatment of their liquid stuff and you're good to go.

· Registered
3,051 Posts
I just replaced my utterly worthless stockers today with some bosch's. They seem nice. Got em for about 14 each.

· Registered
7,300 Posts
Go with the rainx blades. They have an anti streak compound embedded in the rubber that will help water head up on the windshield. Couple that with a treatment of their liquid stuff and you're good to go.
A little price but they def work. I have had them on my JK for a while now.

I just replaced my utterly worthless stockers today with some bosch's. They seem nice. Got em for about 14 each.
Bosch is the only ones I use on my BMW now. I have had other expensive ones and they just plain sucked.

· Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Bosch here.

· Registered
40 Posts
I've been using the Rain-X wiper fluid for a couple of years now on all our cars.
It's like night and day from the old stuff.
Water consistently beads on all our windshields, and I tend to actually use the wipers a lot less.
(I don't know how it works on the Wrangler yet with that steep rake)

As far as wipers go, Bosch is my favorite.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
(I don't know how it works on the Wrangler yet with that steep rake)

As far as wipers go, Bosch is my favorite.
You'll find that in heavy rain, the water hits the windshield and travels DOWN and SIDEWAYS. I never realized just how bad the aero on a Jeep really is until I saw that happen haha.

I just upgraded to Bosch Icon blades and they are terrific.

· Registered
65 Posts
I've always had RainX, and liked them on my other vehicles, now that my Jeep wipers need replacing, I bought RainX again, but our spring turned into back into freaking freezing rain snowing winter, so I've been a bit reluctant to go out and put them on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.