JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to the local auto parts/hardware/bait and tackle store to get wiper blades and his book listed the 07 Wranglers as having a 15" wiper blade. Now we all know those blades are not 15". So I went to the counter where I was told that due to Jeep making some sort of special clip you can not replace your own blades on Wranglers. Now I find this hard to believe but he also did not have any shorter than 15" either. It got me thinking though since I had to go into the city to get wiper blades what do you guys consider the best wiper blade to use? Also is there any truth to this "special clip" deal? BTW This is not the first I heard of this.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I went in to the local auto parts/hardware/bait and tackle store to get wiper blades and his book listed the 07 Wranglers as having a 15" wiper blade. Now we all know those blades are not 15". So I went to the counter where I was told that due to Jeep making some sort of special clip you can not replace your own blades on Wranglers. Now I find this hard to believe but he also did not have any shorter than 15" either. It got me thinking though since I had to go into the city to get wiper blades what do you guys consider the best wiper blade to use? Also is there any truth to this "special clip" deal? BTW This is not the first I heard of this.
My Son bought the RainX blades & they are nice, & for special clips,,,NO,..I bought the Winter Rubber enclosed blades last year at A&A Auto(snapped right on).
I think I bought 14"...........

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not think there were but I knew someone with one of thos fancy expensive cars and they had something that required a dealer install for wipers. I figured DC being all about the money and screwing the customer would have figured that one out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Son bought the RainX blades & they are nice, & for special clips,,,NO,..I bought the Winter Rubber enclosed blades last year at A&A Auto(snapped right on).
I think I bought 14"...........
I just looked up on RainX's site and they don't list the JK. I just love 1st year vehicles!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same thing - RainEx book said 15". I ended up with 2 13" & they went on fine. However, they sweak & streak realy bad. They were expensive & I won't buy them again. I'm still looking for a good replacement blade!

·
Registered
777 Posts
piaa super silicone replacement refills are the best

ive had them on all of my vehicles for the past 4 years

dont streak, are super soft, and are made out of silicone so they last a long time

·
Super Moderator
6,222 Posts
Sweet!
This proved my theory that wiper blades on the Jeep JK/JKU were just as critical in 2007 as they are in 2018....mind :explode:, right?

:jeep2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
any universal 16" should fit just fine. 16" blade is way more common to find. i like Bosch Icons and Michelin stealth blades

·
Super Moderator
6,222 Posts
Sweet!

I appreciate you helpin me with that.

( see @Admin ? THIS is what this forum is about. NOT automated adverts spamming our Active Topics, respectfully. )

·
Mall Crawler Extraordinaire
97 Posts
Sweet!

I appreciate you helpin me with that.

( see @Admin ? THIS is what this forum is about. NOT automated adverts spamming our Active Topics, respectfully. )
I logged in just to add my .02/help :D I've tried several different brands on different cars over the years..I also tried all of them on the Jeep. 15" blades wiped cleaner but left a bunch of windshield unwiped...no one likes to be unwiped. I switched to 16" and they seem to streak just slightly more than the 15" blades but they get the whole windshield. As far as brands...as I said previously I tried them all and new they all worked great but with age they started streaking worse and chattering. What does all this long windedness have to do with anything...probably nothing relevant as everyone who owns a JK knows to switch to 16" wipers for coverage and just like everything else in life everyone is going to have their personal preference. But I'm not one to be left out from helping :thefinger:

Oh yeah...my brand of choice has been a set of Michelin blades I bought at Costco...2 years ago! I dont park in a garage so they have been exposed to 4 seasons for two years. Still holding up fine and still wipe the glass with no chatter/minimal streaking. Wish the rubber in their tires held up that well....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts